[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 2.80 MB, 4798x4798, mars.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7970362 No.7970362 [Reply] [Original]

/sci/, what do I have to do to be among the first to set foot on Mars?

Freshman right now, I'd like to mainly study chemistry, but my options are open.

>> No.7970369

>>7970362
>Going to Mars
>>>/x/

>> No.7970384

>>7970369
this

>> No.7970599

>>7970362
Become a woman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEagBK4Xb1w

>> No.7970607

>>7970362
>ITT feeble nerds think you just have to be smart to be an astronaut.

these guys are the best of the best. they are test pilots and engineers who are at the top of their fields. most of them with military experience.

if you want to go to space, get a PhD in engineering and join the airforce/navy as a fighter pilot.

being crazy brave helps too.

>> No.7970654

>>7970362
>be willing to die for no reason
>work well under stress
>be willing to be bored as hell, drink your own piss and do other grueling tasks for a long period of time
>study for decades (at-least) with a space agency or corp.
>be good for the press
>have experience as a jet pilot/scuba diver. anything somewhat like a spaceship.
in all seriousness, though, you will probably have your job taken by an unqualified woman or black if you don't work for NASA

>> No.7970670

This meme of "sending people to mars" is getting old.

They will have to at least go back to the moon first.

>> No.7970690

>>7970599
I would take this video seriously but because it is PBS digital studio and the hosts from PBS Idea Channel and PBS Gaming are huge mangina SJW cucks, I will call bullshit on literally everything they said.

Except for one thing that is obvious: women need less food. Their optimum caloric intake is like 1000 less than men and I know that because of /fit/.

What is really, really bullshit is that male eyeballs become damaged but female eyeballs don't.

They cited research for it but what is the mechanism? Did women evolve super eyes? Through what mechanism do their eyes become super eyes?

I hate SJW pandering.

>> No.7970692

>>7970670
Emperor Obama said that was pointless.

>> No.7970701

i wonder if they'll do something like the test in planetes

>> No.7970731

>>7970362
What country do you live in, USA? Join the Air Force, go to the Academy, become an officer and pilot. Do your time. During all this, talk with as many NASA, SpaceX, other space company people as you can. Be noticed, be smart, make real connections. Through your interactions with them you'll gain all the info you need to further your education and chance at becoming an astronaut.

If you think "na, sounds hard" then stop this pipe dream and move onto the next thing on your list of things to do.

>> No.7970733
File: 171 KB, 548x406, lol.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7970599
>cucksplaining

>> No.7970739

>>7970733
>If you are a man

Don't date a feminist because she will be a control freak and thinks she deserves the world simply for being born with a vagina. Get the fuck away, but pumping and dumping is acceptable.

>if you are a woman

Don't date a male feminist because he will be the biggest beta cuck faggot you will ever meet. Odds are he doesn't even have a job and spends more time than you on tumblr and pinterest. Don't even pump and dump these guys because they deserve to be virgins for the rest of their lives and never experience any joy or pleasure.

>> No.7970781

>>7970733
In reference to the picture, if anyone thinks like this they are insane or have a cuckhold fetish. It is not feminism. I have known many feminists in real life and have gone in to interaction with them under negative pretenses because, well, 4chan and the stereotypes in general.

They are just like anyone else, just passionate about fair treatment. They arent going to shove their ideology down your throat just like that cool black guy you like also makes racist jokes, or that christian you know doesnt constantly spout bible verses. It's actually refreshing to see everyone, men, women, whites, blacks, etc. getting along and choosing to make race or sex not a factor anymore. because it shouldnt be. Even my girlfriend is a feminist and she can take a joke about feminism. Why? because shes not a radical crazy that wants to use an ideology to cuck me. She would never think she could fuck some other dude and have me be "excited" that shes happy about the experience.

Then there's this pic. A combination of some crazy bitch and the most beta of all men. Hint: If she's sleeping with other guys, she wants out. I never thought anyone would ever have to say it out loud.

>> No.7970784

>>7970781
How fucking retarded are you to let 4Chan influence your personal life, Jesus Christ take a lap.

>> No.7970791

>>7970781
The cuck thing is actually mostly not betas. There are men out there who like seeing their wives fuck other men. If it's your idea how is that beta? Anyway sauce pls.

>> No.7970864

>>7970784
>How fucking retarded are you to let 4Chan influence your personal life,

So much this. Top kek.

Except for positive things like this: >>>/out/719608