[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 773 KB, 260x221, 1442671500419.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7968760 No.7968760 [Reply] [Original]

Just a quick board-culture related question, as I am new here.

Whats the most advisable course of action to take when you encounter one of the low-effort shitposts that litter this board?

More specifically the ones that are like:

>"only brainlets have to read textbooks"
>"anyone who doesnt study at All Souls College oxford is a failure, I know because I'm the best in the whole student body there"
>"when I was a kid I was put 10 years ahead because I was so smart, even though I didnt try"
>"if you havent studied exactly the same topics and subtopics as me you are human scum"
etc etc.

I probably see these posts on 4/5 threads here, and its kinda jarring. My home board, lit, doesnt have anything close to this level of persistent shitposting.

What am I supposed to do when I see these?

>> No.7968774

hide the thread every time

report it if you feel like it

make better threads

>> No.7968796

>>7968760
>What am I supposed to do when I see these?
Not be a whiny bitch, ignore it, and move on with your day.

Perhaps feel a small granule of sympathy for the sad souls who, after nearly two decades of praise from teachers and peers, find themselves in an odd predicament searching for validation on a Korean octopus wrangling forum; their hearts broken and their lives shallow.

>> No.7968800

>>7968760
>people are being elitist on 4chan!!! WAHH!!
Just fuck off retard. What exactly do you even want to hear? Go back to facebook or whatever normie website that actually gives a shit about your whining. And your supposed home board, which you don't even know the proper name of, is filled with low quality posts. Every board here is that has a turnover rate faster than 10 days

>> No.7968805

>>7968760
It's shitposting. What do you expect ? You're on 4chan ,not Solvay conference.
It's no different from any other board. Move on and don't give a fuck

>> No.7968826

>>7968760
Report and hide thread.

>> No.7968848

>tfw subtle troll thread

>> No.7969805

>>7968760
>My home board, lit, doesnt have anything close to this level of persistent shitposting.
/lit/ is so much worse than /sci/.