[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 13 KB, 275x183, gravity.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7709756 No.7709756 [Reply] [Original]

So what is exactly Gravity is it a force or is it something else, just hurts my brain thinking about it.

>> No.7709760

>>7709756
It's a force like magnetism; it can do work in the physics definition; thus, it is a force.

In layman's terms it's the attraction of matter to more matter; like how two magnets stick to each other, and how those two will gather more and more until there's a massive clump of magnets, and none in the immediate area.

Bad example, but it gets the point across. Swap magnets for any matter- gas, elements, molecules, rocks, planets... That's how you get atmospheres, solar systems, galaxies, and everything else down to the atomic level; that goes into things that I won't discuss here.

>> No.7709763 [DELETED] 

Hello, I am the universe, here is a little insight on how I work.

Okay, so, Einstein was a crazy guy right? He knew the secrets of the universe. First, an easy explanation of time and how it works. Time is all about motion, right? If you imagine freezing time, everything would stop of course. This includes air particles, so really, freezing time would be physically impossible. But this includes freezing black holes too. See, black holes put time in motion, they suck in matter and spit it out as a huge amount of energy. The universe is actually a huge infinite 4D object. Without black holes moving everything to them, time wouldn't be in motion. Einstein also found that E=MC^2 right? That means that energy and matter are inversely related. That's why an atom bomb takes apart matter and releases a ton of energy right? So, recently at CERN, they just found out that if they could collide 2 photons, coming from opposite directions, both at the speed of light (this is why light is squared on the right side of the equation) the photons collide and created an electron and a positron. This shows the true nature of the universe's law to create equilibrium. All equations go both ways to keep balance, that’s how all of math works. Well, when a black hole sucks in matter, it releases the energy to put things in motion, which in turn, is time. This is linked with all of the major religious books in the world.They say "God is in everything" "God is the light" etc, whether it’s the bible or the emerald tablets or whatever, they all say the same things in a sense. The bible said "In the beginning, god said, let there be light" This is him creating the infinite energy mass known as the singularity. He then said "Let there be a sky to separate the heavens from the earth" This is him making all of that energy take physical form, which in turn, IS the big bang.

>> No.7709766 [DELETED] 

Einstein was a genius, leaving humanity the key when he said "time only moves forward 14 % of the time, and that’s because a good group of people got together and made it happen" That is because those people lived performing positive actions, which, in turn, black holes had to take in more matter, which speeds motion, which speeds time. This means that in a sense, love speeds up time! Love (positive actions and thoughts) is the link between general relativity and quantum mechanics. This explains why there was a huge boom in technology recently. Because we reached a point of loving each other so much that time is now progressing at a faster rate than ever. We recently started taxes, which pays for education and the medical field. Health care is an even newer concept than education though, which means that everybody is loving each other more in this last hundred years than ever. More positive actions, which means black holes eat more matter and spit it out as energy in the form of time. That is why you can make your own future, because the Schrodinger's cat in the box experience is true. Because the universe is infinite, if you believe something with everything you have, it will become true. Schrodinger once said that everything exists in a superimposed state, where there is no certainty until you look to confirm it.

>> No.7709767 [DELETED] 

So basically based on these principles, we can see how the future will play out. Once everyone starts giving, everyone will start receiving, and there will be world peace. All the positive actions energy will literally move time forward and we will be in the future This is also how time travel would work, release enough energy and you will be in the future, that’s why if you travel near the speed of light, you use a ton of energy to get to that speed, which makes black holes suck up more matter, which means that you could have only ages 10 minutes on the ship while everyone else ages a number of year Or, the reverse, if you release enough negative energy, you'd go back in time. Because to make up for it, a black hole would have to spit out matter. This is why the prophecy books all basically teach "treat others how you want to be treated" The universe literally came down as itself and gave us the answer for helping it reach equilibrium, which scientist say will be the "Big Crunch," the inverse of the Big Bang. A good example of you literally working to speed time up is like when you are doing something you enjoy. It’s a positive experience and time seems to fly, but when you are in some sort of negative situation, like pain or boredom, time seems to take forever.

>> No.7709772

>>7709763
>>7709766
>>7709767

You are such a collosal faggot.

>> No.7709777 [DELETED] 

Ah, thats fine, you will find out in time that I was right.

>> No.7709781

>>7709763
>>7709766
>>7709767

He asked about gravity itself, not relativity, quantum mechanics, or the origin of matter. 99% of your posts had nothing to do with the OP's simple question.

>>7709772, bugger off. He's not wrong entirely. There are some good points in here.

>> No.7709785

>>7709777
Fuck YOU,

>> No.7709787 [DELETED] 

>>7709781
I know what he asked, but the chain reaction needed to start somewhere, and this is where the universe has lead me to drop it.

>> No.7709791 [DELETED] 

>>7709785
Thats it, let the negative energy out.. I will stop the flow of that energy right now.

>> No.7709794

>>7709785
You, can it. You're doing nothing but shitposting. So git.

>>7709787
You pulled some 2001 shit on OP and now he's probably got a migraine curled up in his bed rocking back and forth.

Elementary questions deserve elementary answers; save your thesis for the right time and place. Wouldn't wear your Sunday best to a baseball game.

>> No.7709802 [DELETED] 

>>7709794
If he does get a migraine, it is simply how it was ment to be. It is just a negative reaction which came back to him when he released negative thoughts onto somebody else.
This is the time, this is the place, trust me, and you will see the way.

>> No.7709828

>>7709802
I've seen the way; I'm studying mechanical engineering with the endgoal of going to JPL. I know I'll never get to travel the stars, but maybe my life's work will help someone else do that.

And that's just as good, right...?

>> No.7709838 [DELETED] 

>>7709828
You can travel the stars though, it is just a matter of believing it for a fact and not an uncertaincy.

>> No.7709918

>>7709756

It is assumed to be a force, like the other already unified forces of electromagnetism, weak and strong forces, but evades integration with that bundle of forces and stands out like a sore thumb up the ass of the standard model.

The only thing known for sure is that it is an interaction between matter and spacetime, other than that it's only guesswork until at least gravity waves are observed.

>> No.7709919 [DELETED] 

>>7709918
Have you read this?

>>7709718

It answers all of the questions about matter and spacetime..

>> No.7709926

>>7709919

Anyone who claims to KNOW what gravity is, is a fucking lying cunt.

>> No.7709930

Gravity is the mutual attraction of particles of mass, it distorts volumetric space elongating it. Bodies of mass are mutually attracted to one another and the phenomenon or orbits occurs from the angular velocity sufficiently displacing this attraction. This gives trajectories a differing eccentricity during transit across a defined system. The Sun to orbits the Earth, and this occurs at the baryonic center of mass between the orbiting bodies.

https://phet.colorado.edu/sims/my-solar-system/my-solar-system_en.html

Have fun making disasters.

>> No.7710349 [DELETED] 

>>7709926
That's fine if you think so, but you will see that was right.

>> No.7710415

>>7709756
Gravity is a force, by definition: it causes things to accelerate, and anything which does that is a force.

If you're asking where that force "comes from", it depends. In general relativity, it comes from "curved spacetime" - which sounds really esoteric and hard to understand, until you think about what it actually means.

Imagine two cars going 50 mph on a curved racetrack, one in the outer lane and one in the inner lane: they start out next to each other on the starting line, but because the outer edge of the racetrack is longer than the inner edge, the car in the outer lane will start to fall behind. From the perspective of the car on the outer lane, the inner car is mysteriously accelerating away from it.

That's (sort of) how "curved spacetime" can account for gravity - the difference in distance along nearby paths through space and time will cause initially parallel trajectories starting out right next to each other to diverge.

If you're not sure exactly how this works, imagine two-dimensional space-time, with a "space" axis and a "time" axis. Any line in this space represent's a particle's movement through space and time, so its slope represents the velocity - the rate at which it moves in space, divided by the rate at which it moves in time.

Any two parallel lines thus represent particles that are stationary relative to each other - their distance in space never changes.

But if these lines bend towards each other, then that means their distance in space changes - they're accelerating towards each other.

>> No.7710419 [DELETED] 

>>7710415

Space and time is 4 dimensional, read the top of this page