[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 58 KB, 800x800, 1445202199588.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7708795 No.7708795 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /sci/.

I'll cut the BS. I had my entire HS education periodically fucked up or outright barred from me because my mother turned out to be ill in the head. She left my father with me when I was young, she took me out of the country when I was starting high school. I'm not trying to peddle a sob story or look for sympathy

I kept up to date as best I could, and I got pretty good at teaching myself, but I need some help in figuring out how to further my own education. I'm joining community college and doing some college classes so I can get an equivalent HS diploma, but I want to review and do some lectures on the subject online so I've got shit down pat before I even enter the class.

Is MIT OCW viable for this if I'm gonna be doing a regular Electrical Eng. course? I'm looking at 'Circuits and Electronics' but I want to make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree, or if there's a better one out there.

>> No.7708872

>>7708795
There's a great /ohm/ section in the DIY board on 4chan. Has a lot of great resources on self-teaching yourself electronics. Also check the sci wiki for websites to get books for free.

Finally, yes. MIT OCW will help

>> No.7710344

Kok

>> No.7710378

>>7708795
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Electrical_and_Electronics_Engineering

I don't recommend OCW as anything more than a supplement. At the end of the day all students learn most efficiently from textbooks. Lectures are just a formality for more visually oriented learners and more importantly to chisel rough edges; so considering you won't be able to ask the lecturers in the videos any questions it won't really help you in that regard.

>> No.7710381

You can teach yourself anything easily, look!

>>7710363

>> No.7710865

This is now a general self-teach thread