[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 39 KB, 720x447, 1443647264246.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7563053 No.7563053 [Reply] [Original]

I gained consciousness while watching Toy Story in the fall of 95, a few months after turning 2. It was watching the scene where Sid the bully was ripping apart toys and making his own abused toy creations where my memory taping came into fruition and gaining a sense of self. Sitting there watching and not knowing what anything was. Consciously aware that I was a being and not understanding anything, but there I was sitting in some pitch dark theatre with a bright thing in front of me and some more things that were happening and I didn’t know what any of it meant. But I was happy. I saw the light. I saw the darkness. I saw all these people leave the theatre. I was with a strange man that kept smiling at me. And in return it made me smile. We moved to an alien contraction that changed velocity. All the bright lights in the darkness turned into a fleeting blur. Stopping and going and stopping and going. And then the stranger took me into a place and all the lights were on, and there I was this blonde woman and she was smiling at me. And then there was another stranger, but this one was a lot smaller then the woman and had a different head and she didn’t have the smile on her face. I shortly learned afterwards that that stranger was my father, that woman was my mother, and that girl with the frown was my sister.

/Sci/ do you remember when you first gained consciousness?

>> No.7563093

>>7563053
When I was 3 years old at my 3rd birthday party I was running around the house happy in my underwear. My mother told me to put on my underwear and smacked me across the ass. This triggered me, because the ass smack traveled shockingly through out my body and caused my nipples to immediately get rigid.

>> No.7563096

what the fuck
granted I only read the first line of your post

>> No.7563099
File: 8 KB, 420x185, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7563093
Fucking underrated post

>> No.7563100

Interesting post. I kind of remember, probably around the same age as you OP, 2 or 3 years old. I remember sitting in my parents bedroom, watching TV with my Mom while sitting on the bed. There was a giant mirror in the room mounted on the wall, I remember looking at the wall and suddenly realizing that I'm alive.

>> No.7563141

I was very young, maybe 1.5-2 years old.

I remember waking up in my crib and gasping for air, soaked in a cold sweat. I remember the strange illumination on the walls from the nightlight in the room, all of the shadows. It was absurd and strange and scary. Closest way to describe it is that anxiousness you get before doing drugs.

>> No.7563145

I remember watching a movie on TV. It was a bunch of women in 80's gym clothing dancing in a indoor gym of some sort. Then some guy bursts in carrying an AK-47 and sprays the room. No further memory of the movie until a scene where a bunch of police officers in stereotypical black police uniform casually inspects black garbage bags with possibly severed female legs poking out. I have no idea if this movie exists, but if y'all could help me out, it'd be great.

>> No.7563159

>>7563053
>implying children aren't conscious before they start forming long-term memories
You would be incorrect.
Also what you describe sounds most like an extreme version of the that thing where you cross a doorway into a new room and you forget what you were doing.

>> No.7563223
File: 13 KB, 255x216, 1419631815015.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i remember all too well
>be me
>be drooling parasite
>leeching off of mom
>do not understand anything outside of my immediate surroundings
>mom is reading a news article to dad
>something about the retirement age going up
>sitting on the floor in the living room
>suddenly it comes to me
>i am a human being
>we are human beings
>stand up
>put the N64 controller down
>tell mom and dad i'm sorry for leeching off of them for 19 years
>get a job at mgronalds

>> No.7563233

shortly after I was born, when they put you on the oxygen mask to do testing. I took off the mask because it was actually preventing me from breathing. The doctor and nurses saw and doc said "No no, put it back." At the time I didn't know what these words meant but I did know what he meant I actually tried to put the tube back in was unaware of how to so I just kept putting the mask near my face. The doctors then put it back in and continued with testing I guess. Years later I realized it wasn't the mask that was preventing me from breathing but it was actually me just not inhaling oxygen.

>> No.7563279

>Be Me
>Be eight months old
>Was on a ventilator for a few days after birth because I was a weak baby
>My head was (and still is) fucking huge.
>Parents make me sit on top of a table
>There's a shiny thing on the floor
>Try to crawl, peek from the edge of the table and fall down
>Nothing broke, started fucking laughing
>Memory is still clear as fuck

>> No.7563286

>>7563053
my first memory is being balls deep in ur mom

>> No.7563295

>>7563286
Well everyones penis has literally been inside their own moms for a long time, so everyone has acted on incest sex in their lives :^)

>> No.7563310
File: 144 KB, 567x378, 1383153666061.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7563295
>at a very young age, everyones penis is inside of their mothers vagina
>if you were not a planned baby, this makes you a rapist
>if you were a planned baby, this makes your mom a pedophile

>> No.7563342

>>7563053
>I shortly learned afterwards that that stranger was
It's odd and suspicious that you had a notion of "stranger" at the time rather than a notion of "thing."

>> No.7563368

>>7563342
He probably didn't have the concept of stranger at the time. He's just using that concept now to describe the scene.

>> No.7563376

it's literally impossible to remember first gaining consciousness. god the people in this thread are dumb. go to /x/

>> No.7563382

>>7563368
Thanks OP, I wasn't able to use inductive reasoning on my own to figure that out. Maybe I'm not really conscious. I didn't want to say it myself,
>>7563376 but...

>> No.7563383

>>>/x/
>>>/lit/

You were conscious before you left the womb dipshit

>> No.7563386

my first memory was of the 2001 terrorist attacks on television. does this mean I'm retarded or something? I honestly can't remember before that.

>> No.7563413

>>7563223
kek

>> No.7563451

>>7563099
You can't say "underrated post" literally 2 posts after, you fucking samefag.

>> No.7563470

My earliest memory is at 3, I remember my dad was doing woodwork and I had a can of Pringles. The Pringles crumbes mixed with sawdust and I noticed that I couldn't tell them apart anymore. My dumbass kid brain decided that the Pringles became saw dust.

>> No.7563506

Was around 2-3 years old, I was outside watching other kids play while getting fed by my nanny. I can still remember how I tried to run with my feeble little legs only to get pulled back by her because "I had to finish eating" (porridge). Then after I finished I brought my little roll around telephone toy outside and played with the other kids

>> No.7563668

I was 2 at the beach, first time.

Tried to get me in the water but an overwhelming fear came over me.

Crushing really.

>> No.7563696

>>7563053
The oldest memory I have is of a moment in kindergarten when I was thinking "I'm a pretty good boy, I don't do bad things". I was 3 years old at the time.
This has nothing to do with when I started having consciousness, but whatever.
Fun fact: this memory almost disappeared while writing it down

>> No.7563726

>>7563376
>it's literally impossible to remember first gaining consciousness.
unconscious retard spotted.

>> No.7563742

>>7563053
I gained consciousness while reading Feynman in the summer of 2025, a few months after turning 24. It was reading about anuses where my memory taping came into fruition and gaining a sense of self. Sitting there watching and not knowing what anything was. Consciously aware that I was a being and not understanding anything, but there I was sitting in some pitch dark room with a bright lamp in front of me and some more things that were happening and I didn’t know what any of it meant. But I was happy. I saw the light. I saw the darkness. I saw all these people going back and forth, dying and eating. I was with a strange man that kept smiling at me (it was Quetzalcoatl). And in return it made me smile and feel relieve. We moved to an alien contraction that changed velocity and expanded space. All the bright lights in the darkness turned into a fleeting blur and I felt warm blood in my veins. Stopping and going and stopping and going, bringing life to my sorrow body. And then the stranger took me into a place and all the lights were on (Om mani padme hum), and there I was this blonde woman and she was smiling at me, she was daugther of Perun and Ishtar. And then there was another stranger (little black men with big plastic cross), but this one was a lot smaller then the woman and had a different head and she didn’t have the smile on her face. I shortly learned afterwards that that stranger was my father, that woman was my mother, and that girl with the frown was my sister.

>> No.7563746

>>7563742
>in the summer of 2025
Didn't even notice that on first read. 10/10 I'm in stitches.

>> No.7563756

>>7563053
I have flashes of consciousness, and that's it, I don't believe there has ever existed a being with fully developed consciousness. If it did it would have developed will,and from the looks of this place it is certain that no will exists here.

>> No.7563765

>>7563756
You can't rush these things, you know. It's tiring to work day in and day out to explain something immaterial to a bunch of rocks. Luckily you managed to figure out biochemistry and it's been a lot more interesting ever since.

>> No.7563831
File: 38 KB, 451x604, tmp_27242-tumblr_m1dmvxKPq31qb86xno1_500560465935.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7563053
My first memory is when I was lying in a crib, touching wooden columns around me and looking at the blue walls. I don't know how old I was but I remember my first sexual fantasies in the same crib.

Anyone else remembers big curvy women fingerfucking you while you where a child?

>> No.7563857

i only have 6 or 7 disconnected memories earlier than age 15 and i can't pinpoint them exactly, for example that one time i pissed myself on the street i might habe been 9 or 13 years old, i don't know. and i don't actually remember those times either, i just remember thinking about them a lot later

how good is the memory of an average person?

>> No.7563891

>>7563053
Sometime between when I was 6 months and 1 year old I had lived in Lake Tahoe, Nevada. I have never been back to the west coast after I turned 1, so it had to have been from that tone period. I remember looking up from my stroller at the sky which was very very very sky blue, and I then looked around seeing other people and seeing trees around, one building like an A-frame (blue brown and green), and a lake on my left. When I was about 10 I remember explaining this to my mother and she confirmed that this was the area in front of our house, and that was our house, only she couldn't show me a picture of the house because we were really poor when we lived out there and didn't even own a camera. But it's crazy to remember that for back. I don't have another memory until my 3rd birthday when I was getting a plastic little kid jeep to drive around from my grandmother.

>> No.7564190
File: 186 KB, 923x590, 1391967554862.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7563295
>i couldn't get it up on my first time

>> No.7564214

My earliest memory is being knocked over by our pet doberman as it ran after a ball beside the apple tree in our backyard.

I'm also sure I've dreamt about this in the third person.

>> No.7564289

>>7563053
>How old were you when you became cognizant of your existence?

It's nearly impossible for most to remember.

Just because long term memory recall is not developed enough to reach that normal point, does not mean the child is not self aware.

In any case, from my observations of friend's kids growing up, I would guesstimate that most display self-aware behavior between 12 and 18 months.

I've seen evidence that babies/infants younger than 1 year can know quite well that they are manipulating their parents by crying.
Watch a 9-month-old play the "drop my favorite thing, cry, get it back, drop it again, cry...." game.

>> No.7564312
File: 44 KB, 600x450, 2_10_8[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7564190
> can't get it up for your mommy
You should be ashamed of yourself young man.