[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 64 KB, 781x552, 1442411565195.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7544644 No.7544644[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

i suffer from phenomenal anxiety.

my peers are all chatting about how "if i dont get into caltech i suppose ill settle for MIT" and laughing about "did you hear about that guy last year who had to go to durham?". Everyone has a bursting UCAS form filled with top grades and extracurricular activites. every second guy is the fucking Mexican Youth Ambassador or some shit. everyone is so confident and im floundering.

this fucking pressure is too fucking much. i swear ill be a Spanish isolationist monk if i have to - i cant deal with this stress any longer.

i have about two panic attacks a day. i have serious amnesia and can remember little from the last 10 years. i flinch when i hear pages turn on the bus. my handwriting has transformed from a neat cursive to a spidery and tremulous scrawl. my hands shake all the time. im falling apart here. i cannot take any more fucking stress. its all too much. its all way too much.

does anybody else know this pre-university hell?

>> No.7544657

>>7544644
hmm. I could tell you shut like go see a doctor, talk about your problens or whatever.
but honestly, just find a hobby that is not really common. specifically an instrument. and do that. a lot.
when you then compare yourself to others (in your mind) you can say" well he cant play the x like me"
also try being nice. be the nicest person you can imagine. just try to feel warmth in your heart for everything.

>> No.7544661

>>7544644
take anti depressives

>> No.7544665

>UCAS

well then you know that only grades and interview matter for getting in to university.

Jesus, you must go to a public school to hear stuff like that, in which case I don't really have sympathy

>> No.7544668
File: 38 KB, 546x432, image_14.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7544661

that wont make me any less likely to fail. if anything they will make my work slightly worse, right?

>>7544657

all i do is work and weightlift. no time for hobbies. besides, its all too late now. the universities wont care if ive only been doing a hobby for <1 year. there are thousands more guys exactly like me but with much better hobbies theyve done for longer.

i dont stand out, and i dont have even have any excuses like being disabled or a poor minority or anything. ive practically failed already.

>> No.7544696

>>7544644
GO TO SEE A FUCKING DOCTOR