[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 61 KB, 380x253, pcb-fabrication.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7512977 No.7512977 [Reply] [Original]

Good day /sci/

I have just started my study computing science, and it starts basic with simple
statements in PHP Java and Arduino. This is all nice and I get my way around.

Though, there is one thing bugging me
completely.. How does a chip on a PCB exactly recognize an 'IF' statement? I mean, I
know the essential principes of a PCB and I/O and therefor 'feedback' possibilities at differentials in certain I/O, but I don't know how
a chip can recognize and feedback whether something is I or O.

Also, how does a certain software turn simple
PCB bits feedback into English words with the possibility of recognisition of this certain
language... So from I/O towards ' System.out.println' ?

My school says these questions are hard to give since I just have to focus on working with
it for the first year and maybe give a focus towards such questions lateron.

But right now, without understanding this grey area I am dealing with I can't move on. I am
constantly shifting from my homework towards trying to understand the exact electronical
communication from PCB towards for example Netbeans.

Does anybody have any info or links on which
I find my rest in this? I need to have these
answers or my concentration-problems will increase.

Sorry if I may not have the best explanation or terms into expressing the issues, English is not my native and I am a bit chaotic.

>> No.7512986

Bump for request of help

>> No.7513011
File: 1.99 MB, 448x252, 1439900199992.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7512977

>> No.7513015

>>7512977
Computer architecture

>> No.7513018

Search for "Boolean logic expressions" and "logic gates FPGA"

>> No.7513023

>>7513015
Alright, will use that term to find info on the basics in Google. Thank you so far.

>> No.7513035

>>7512977
are you basically asking what a processor is ? (or what it does)

>> No.7513052

if statements are compiled to conditional jumps in assembly language (x86) which are assembled and linked into machine code which is loaded into RAM by your OS which then adjusts your stack pointer to the first instruction of the program and your CPU starts executing the von Neumann cycle and boom you have your if statement

google "nand2tetris", it's a course with an accompanying book called "The Elements of Computing Systems" that i used in my computer organization class. it'll take you all the way from basic logic gates to ALUs, CPUs, and then higher level stuff like operating systems, compilers, and higher level languages. they even show you how to build all of the components in their simulator.

>> No.7513062

good news it's even on coursera now have fun
https://www.coursera.org/course/nand2tetris1

>> No.7513066
File: 20 KB, 776x160, fig1-1-hi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7513092

>>7513066
>>7513062
>>7513052
Thanks guys, I'll go into it ! Hope I will find
peace with myself and just work with the study subjects itself

It just feels like driving a car and being an
excellent driver, yet never know how or why it is moving you.. Get it?

>> No.7513094

>>7513035
I think so more or less. I just hope to find satisfaction in the answer.. Not sure if such specific question just about processor will do.