[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 88 KB, 600x400, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7501897 No.7501897 [Reply] [Original]

From hearing about near and full death experiences and having my own, most people report some kind of spiritual and heavenly experience. From a scientific perspective is this just a function of the brain? I.E. Is there proof that our brains come preloaded with heavenly thoughts in case of death?

>> No.7501900

>>7501897
>From hearing about near and full death experiences and having my own, most people report some kind of spiritual and heavenly experience.
What if you elaborated a little bit?

>> No.7501921

>>7501897
>From hearing about near and full death experiences and having my own, most people report some kind of spiritual and heavenly experience.
People tend to report things that agree with their religious beliefs.

>From a scientific perspective is this just a function of the brain?
It definitely appears so.

>Is there proof that our brains come preloaded with heavenly thoughts in case of death?
Huh?

>> No.7502255

>>7501900
My heart stopped beating and I went inside my head. There was me standing with and infinite expanse of near nothingness in font of me. I felt true peace of mind. All the stress of life had gone.
I was never religious until I had a religious experience at 21. It was largely Christian.
>>7501921
I mean have brain studies revealed a part of the brain that we go to in times of extreme pain or death

>> No.7503145

>>7501897
>>7502255
That's not a "heavenly thought" anon.

When your heart stop beating it just stop the blood flood around your body and in that state your brain will still be fine for about 6 minutes.
You're not "death" then.
Clinically death is when your brain is death, aka, you dont have blood flood for more than 6 minutes and your brain cease functioning.
Anything that happens before your brain stop working is just your memories and subconcious working, nothint more, nothing else.

>> No.7503165

Its your brain's reaction to DMT, a chemical that gets released when you are near death.

Some things that have not been explained are the lucidity of those experiences. People seeing faces of relatives theyve never met. Out of body experiences where people can describe details they could not have known.
Those are typical but some of the stranger ones includes a guy who was "dead" for a few minutes but awoke to describe himself and his dead friends being dragged into hell by demons.
Another case of a similar thing where a guy was offered reincarnation.

The tunnel effect everyone describes is weird.

Look up cases of reincarnation. They are interesting. Kids speaking languages they couldnt know. Describing their past lives in vivid detail and matching up with actual people.

Something just doesn't add up.

>> No.7503187
File: 31 KB, 352x450, intothetrash.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7503165
>Its your brain's reaction to DMT, a chemical that gets released when you are near death.
Fuck off Terence.

>> No.7503208

>>7501897
Brain makes you feel good and relaxed if you are naturally dying. If you attempt suicide it bombards you with negative imagery and association to prevent a reoccurrence of suicidal behaviors in case of surviving the attempt.

>> No.7503330

>>7503187
I don't get the reference. Refer me to reference so I can understand.

>> No.7503331
File: 3.93 MB, 5312x2988, 20150827_210130.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7503208
How the fuck does your body know if its a suicide? I call BULLSHIT

>> No.7503516

>>7503330
Terrence Mckenna
I'm probably fucking up the last name. Google.