[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 7 KB, 200x195, very cool pepe picture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7425766 No.7425766 [Reply] [Original]

I just finished calculus 1&2 and apparently this is the next math class i'm getting. What can I expect of it in terms of difficulty compared to calculus and what are some of the things I should watch out for?

>> No.7425773

Beginning will be a bit tedious as you need to do stuff by hand before you can use a calculator. After that it's a cake walk. It's super powerful stuff even though basic. Watch out for MV Calc though that's a tough cookie.

>> No.7425787

>>7425766
Yeah, as >>7425773 said, it's pretty easy when you start, but the tough stuff begins when you get into vector fields. Then it gets incredibly abstract. So you'd better pay attention and make sure you know what's going on when you get to that point.

Good luck.

>> No.7425826

Do lots of practice problems, make sure you know how to do every question assigned. Paul's online math notes

>> No.7425843

Thanks for the answers guys, sounds like it could be fun although the word ''abstract'' does scare the living shit out of me.

>> No.7425944

Kek, none of multivariate calculus is abstract. See: physics, specifically E&M at the level of Purcell or Griffiths.

>> No.7425952

>>7425826
Paul's Online Math Notes are amazing. OP, remember this.