[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 258 KB, 600x439, 1422580853466.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7339496 No.7339496[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Is there such thing as a human sub species? Is genetic science largely controlled by political correctness? How come every single species has a sub species except for us?

>> No.7339503

We are a subspecies, Homo sapiens sapiens. We were just highly effective at killing off our competitors. We're also not unique in this regard.

And no, the classification of humans is not governed by political correctness. Scientists don't in general give two shits about that, and the few that do are quickly corrected by the overwhelming force of argument backed by evidence.

Hope that helps clarify things.

>> No.7339507

Yes technically you can classify races as sub species but people's feelings get hurt since a minority exist that use sub species as a racist term. We're all sub species of a sub species. Homo sapiens sapiens and separate in race.

>> No.7339513

race is not solidly based in science because
its hard as fuck to rigorously define it as an
indication of speciation.

>ex.
>black people are subhumans
>try to look for distinct dna pattern
>cant find any, and even stereotypical traits such as 'hurr durr tall' turns out to be statistically likely in every other 'race' of humans

you can prove the world wrong if you can solidly define what race is in terms of pure biology.

>> No.7339529

>>7339513
Caucasian, East Asian, and Africans. There's obviously a difference between them. Just like other animals we would consider these subspecies but we make an exception for humans.

>> No.7339583

>>7339496
>Is there such thing as a human sub species?
Only possible in the most remote areas of humanity that are still cut off from the world and have been for thousands of years
>Is genetic science largely controlled by political correctness
No, you're just retarded
> How come every single species has a sub species except for us?
No other species travels the length and breadth of the world daily like we do. Every time a New York stock broker goes to Thailand to have the kind of sex he can't get in America, he erases the genetic diversity between the two nations and pulls them genetically closer together. These offspring then have more sex and pass on their genes, etc etc

Speciation only occurs when populations are allowed to drift apart genetically, but humans don't do that because members of each and every population on earth are having sex with certain members from every other population

>> No.7339585

>>7339529
>Caucasian, East Asian, and Africans. There's obviously a difference between them.
Just because you think something is "obvious" doesn't mean it's backed up by evidence

>> No.7339588

>>7339513
Really? Are you trying to say that the difference between races isn't determined by dna? The different facial structure, differences in their organs, bone density, bone structure, muscles, organs and so on? I wonder what's causing it then, if not dna?

>> No.7339598

>>7339496
No, go away /pol/ and take your unscientific thread with you.

>> No.7339604

>>7339598
>>7339583
Source please. Even your fedora pope Richard Dawkins agrees that there are sub species of humans and that race is grounded in a scientific basis.

>> No.7339608

>>7339604
> thinking anyone on /sci/ listens to Richard Dawkins
your newfaggotry could be cured with a large dose of lurking moar

>> No.7339610

>>7339604
>race is grounded in a scientific basis.
Hillarious.
>inb4 OP demonstrates how retarded his pop-sci tier education was by posting a link to a research paper talking about human populations and conflating "population" with "race".

>> No.7339616

>>7339608
>>7339610
>Only possible in the most remote areas of humanity that are still cut off from the world and have been for thousands of years
This is literally nothing but your opinion.
>No, you're just retarded
Except that it almost exclusively is and you prove it in your very next argument. Observe:
>How come every single species has a sub species except for us?
>No other species travels the length and breadth of the world daily like we do.
Your argument is LITERALLY humanity doesn't have different subspecies because modernity. Are you under some fucking insane delusion that humans have always been daily globetrotters? What do you think the various races have any physical differences at all in the first place? It's because they WERE separated for thousands of years, some of them TOTALLY, others only meeting at the periphery.

>Speciation only occurs when populations are allowed to drift apart genetically
You mean like they did for thousands of years? If you don't think they did, you need to explain traits like epicanthic eye folds in Asians and thick beards in Europeans.

>but humans don't do that because members of each and every population on earth are having sex with certain members from every other population
And this proves you're literally retarded. So answer the question: how long has this "everybody's fucking" thing been going on? Do you literally have such a poor education in basic history that you think Native Americans were flying to Africa to fuck niggers and Europeans were taking ships to Australia to fuck Abos on the regular?

>> No.7339617

We were all once monkeys as well.
Telling everyone they started from the same spot is a "no shit " narrative.

Why is it that sub Saharan cultures have no inventions that can compare to modern ones? If the first sentient beings were there, then logic says they should have evolved past prime instinct just like most light skinned nations.

Where we are NOW is where the difference lies. You can not say that our advancements are not from evolution, you have proven they are.

Just because we all started the race together, does not mean we will finish together... Some humanoids did not evolve far enough to create the tech we have now, and that is the basic fact behind it.

>> No.7339622

Let's just murder every person with less than 100 of IQ.
We can all agree on that, right ?
I mean, the world would be objectively better in every areas without exception.

Also, let's do it every ten generations. Just to be safe.

>> No.7339623

>>7339616
>I have no idea what I'm talking about.
The rate of human speciation is hundreds of thousands of years. How embarrassing, for you.

>> No.7339628

We all began at humble beginnings anon, but the greatest of the sub Saharan minds branched off from their motherland in search of more. The ones who had the drive to create and build new and great nations moved on to create WRITTEN LANGUAGE for their people. They created new tech and discovered ways to flourish...

Sub Saharan Africans still scrap metal from American built schools for money. Africans have always been known to sell themselves short throughout history.

Even slavery is perpetuated there TO THIS DAY!

>> No.7339629

If the smart sub saharrans left to breed elsewhere, then aren't't the remaining sub saharrans Africans the result of natural selection?

The rest of the humans create weaponry and tech, while Africans STILL act like they are primal and haven't gotten the drive to move on.. Even American blacks will say "I want to go back to Africa, my home land". They have resources a entry and the ability to educate and inspire, yet they idolize their barren home that's riddled with warfare and lawlessness.

>> No.7339634

>>7339628
Written Language has been invented six times independently by humans. One of those times was in Africa. Other than that your post has no substance.

>>7339629
That is not how natural selection works, nor even close to what it means.

>> No.7339637

>>7339496
>sub species?
are you a member of the 'marginalized whitey' sub species who needs someone to trample on?

>> No.7339648

>>7339637
On the day of the rope, traitors shall be the first to hang.

>> No.7339654

>>7339628
>The ones who had the drive to create and build new and great nations moved on to create WRITTEN LANGUAGE for their people

someone lacks any understanding of environmental pressures on development. You're implying that the west being more developed is because we are smarter or somehow magic'd up the will to make technological advances. The Africans did flourish.

>> No.7339657
File: 17 KB, 429x241, male_female_bell_curve_.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7339654
Indeed we are all equal, be it race or gender.

>> No.7339661

>>7339654
This. The consensus is that humans just spread out by themselves. Then the ones who faced hardships had to start figuring out basic technologies just to survive. If a group of primitive humans is too well adapted to its environment then it will have no need for technology. This is often the argument for other species of humans going extinct.

>> No.7339671

>Take off the fucking tinfoil, Jesus Christ, listen to yourself.
You're a fucking glutton for punishment, aren't you?

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/mar/25/study-shows-humans-are-evolving-faster-than-previously-thought

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/1294/20130409/evolution-hapfaster-think-study.htm

>I am right, none of them WERE
See above. Vindicated.

>Kek
So you think the standard of living in pre-colonial Africa was better than during Apartheid? Or even now which is dramatically worse? South Africa is LITERALLY the ONLY non-former Soviet country that has been a nuclear power and gone BACKWARDS into not being one. Both Zimbabwe and South Africa are a fucking trainwreck post-Apartheid.

>Come back to me when you have a PhD in evolutionary bio buddy
Funny how I didn't need one to be right. And this is shit I suspected in at least high school, mind you.
>Oh and I looked it up and Dawkins doesn't agree with the subspecies or race arguments LOL that quote was so out of place to suit your argument.
Wow. That's funny because all I see is the exact opposite:

https://www.google.com/#q=richard+dawkins+race

I wonder where you looked it up. Or if you did at all.

>Nice try schlomo.
That's cute. A nigger calling someone a jew.

>>46704990
>Some African tribes STILL advocate for slavery and sell their own kin for nothing
But that's because of White People!

>Yeah for white people it was lol .It was awful for blacks.
Strange, considering the population trend didn't fall or anything during...

http://www.populstat.info/Africa/safricac.htm

Yeah, that continual population growth implies they were starving their asses off. Funny how Whites literally caused an African population explosion by starving them.

>I'm fucking white retard.
Honestly, I was kind of hoping. That just makes me ashamed.

>> No.7339681

>>7339513
The lines are fuzzy, but there are definitely unique genes that are present in specific populations that make them empirically distinct.

For a few, facial and skeletal structure, height, skin color, intelligence, blood type, metabolism, and the list goes on. Of course, whether or not the degree that this occurs is substantial enough to denote a subspecies is up for debate, but there are definitely notable differences between humans on a continental scale.

>> No.7339684

>>7339671
Are you in the right thread anon?

>> No.7339689

>>7339671
Anon are you lost?

>> No.7339699
File: 836 KB, 544x4037, Rosenberg2007.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Races cannot be defined clearly with just a few genes, but when you analyze many genes, then clusters analogous to human races become obvious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_genetic_clustering

So yes human subspieces do exist, claiming otherwise is equivalent to claiming that humanity is unique and special and evolution no longer applies to us.

>> No.7339700

>>7339699
Sub species don't exist, you're retarded.

>> No.7339710

>>7339604
>Source please
Here you go
http://www.textbooks.com/Bio-101-With-Access-Custom-12-Edition/9780077662301/Marielle-Hoefnagels.php?CSID=AAUDQUZKAW2AWCDAAMAACMSAB

>> No.7339714

>>7339616
>This is literally nothing but your opinion.
No, it's actually how evolution works
>Except that it almost exclusively is
Do you have a single fact to back that up? I won't deny there are politically correct assfaggots in bio, there's fucking everywhere, but biology is hardly controlled by them.
>>7339616
>Your argument is LITERALLY humanity doesn't have different subspecies because modernity.
Modernity which has existed for ~500 years since the Portuguese sailed to Japan and the Spanish sailed to Novus Mundi
>>7339616
>It's because they WERE separated for thousands of years, some of them TOTALLY, others only meeting at the periphery.
The WAY you CAPITALIZE it TOTALLY making me AGREE with you
Unfortunately thousands of years isn't sufficient for speciation.Genetics doesn't really work that fast. IIRC the last common ancestor of modern humans was ~60 thousand years ago, which is a drop in the bucket when the generation time is ~20 years

Are people different? Yes. Are they different species? No.
>>7339616
>And this proves you're literally retarded
Much argument, so persuasive, wow.
>So answer the question: how long has this "everybody's fucking" thing been going on?
Since 1500 or so
>Do you literally have such a poor education in basic history that you think Native Americans were flying to Africa to fuck niggers and Europeans were taking ships to Australia to fuck Abos on the regular?
Do you seriously not remember how we enslaved the africans, indians, and other non-whites and fucked them, taught them english, and christianized them?

>> No.7339715

>>7339699
> claiming otherwise is equivalent to claiming that humanity is unique and special and evolution no longer applies to us.
1) there are subspecies of homo sapien
2) they are not what you think they are.

>> No.7339716

>>7339700
>maybe if I just put my fingers in my ears and scream the logic will go away

>> No.7339717

>>7339699
>So yes human subspieces do exist, claiming otherwise is equivalent to claiming that humanity is unique and special and evolution no longer applies to us.
No it's not kid, learn biology

When the last common ancestor is so RECENT, we can safely say that all humans still belong to a single species

>> No.7339728

>>7339699
>become obvious
lolno, clustering algorithms aren't convergent. The only way these algorithms can consistently produce the so called "obvious" clusters is by telling the algorithm what the clusters should look like ahead of time.

it's a logical fallacy. Essentially you're assuming a thing exists and then using that to prove said thing exists.

Unfortunately said misconception has become mainstream because so few bio people actually understand the machine learning algorithms implemented in the software they're trained to use.

>> No.7339729

Spouting any amount of rhetoric and changing any amount of definitions won't make subhumans humans, you know.

>> No.7339733

>>7339729
>Delicious /pol/esmoker tears.

>> No.7339886

>>7339699
>claiming otherwise is equivalent to claiming that humanity is unique and special and evolution no longer applies to us.
Or that subspecies no longer applies to other living things as well. Which is what most people that reject human races believe.

>[citation needed]
If you're too lazy to ask someone what they believe and why, you don't really care what they believe or why they believe it, you're only interested in your own agenda. Ask someone your own fucking self.

>> No.7339888

Fuck off back to >>>/pol/

Stop looking for post-hoc rationalizations for your bigotry.

>> No.7339902

>>7339888
SJW pls go

>> No.7339910

>>7339902
/pol/ users are SJW, they just believe in a different brand of social justice. Still exactly as cancerous however.

>> No.7339918

>>7339910
My statements are backed up by facts, yours are backed up by feelings.

>> No.7339920

>>7339918
>Social sciences aren't just feelings based pseudoscience.
No anon, you have that the other way around.

>> No.7339938

>>7339920
>>Social sciences aren't just feelings based pseudoscience.
>No anon, you have that the other way around.
What?

>> No.7339982
File: 82 KB, 1333x900, CDivklm[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

/POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT /POL/ GET THE FUCK OUT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>> No.7339987

>>7339982

sooooo this topic isn't up for discussion then?

maybe you aren't angry enough?

>> No.7339996
File: 47 KB, 895x895, 316[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7339987
GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD

>> No.7340002

>>7339622
But why should we murder them when they can just murder each other while we slowly leach them of their money and hard work? The answer is segregation! Allow the most successful (this could mean high IQ, athletic, physically attractive) to breed while the "lower half" unsuccessful types continue to die off without any help from the top. The only thing that could stop this from working are charities that help the weak (inhibitors of natural selection). Another issue would be the gene pool of humans becomes less diverse and thus less open to new evolutionary advantages.

But this can be solved by the successful types being able to fuck and impregnate the unsuccessful types. Although this could be seen as an act of charity (they are gaining a member of the successful gene pool) it would be worth it because the human race wouldn't be able to split into two separate species of worker and master (which would be prone to revolution) while the *average* human becomes more successful.

It's kind of a play on Plato's republic, but is already happening in society today. The unsuccessful people are already considered lesser in value, and rightfully so. However, as one anon pointed out, successful people have become so successful that they can buy a plane ticket to go fuck a prostitute in Thailand and spread their seed. But there are more charities today than ever before, which sickens me. And the country of India is a cesspool that no successful man would want to spread his seed into, yet it's still growing. I guess they have some smart dudes, but they have no class and live in a pile of their own shit and filth.

Thoughts?

>> No.7340004

>>7339996
>>7339982
Sure is tumblr in here.

>> No.7340010

>>7339996

why are you even here? this is definetely not /sci/ behaviour

>> No.7340016

>>7339938
Social sciences are considered pseudoscience on /sci/ because they don't have rigorous reproducible controlled experiments with lots of data. It's all touchy feely garbage. Pretty much everything /pol/ cries about falls into the category of social science.

/pol/ is basically women's studies.

>> No.7340019

>>7339982
>>7339996
Where is this weird reee meme from? /v/? I've never seen it posted on /sci/ but I see it on shit tier boards from time to time.

>> No.7340022

>>7340016
>/sci/ is one person
I'm pretty sure they have actual labs and institutions devoted to gender study.

>> No.7340025

>>7340022
Oh, they have experiments. They're just not rigorously controlled and rarely reproducible. Most experiments in social sciences never get reproduced because people just take their word for it (muh feelings tell me the result is right).

>> No.7340030
File: 93 KB, 500x422, tumblr_nntaiiw3xt1titub2o1_500[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7340010
>he invades the /sci/ board seeking scientific justification for being a neo nazi and thinks he is the authority on "/sci/ behaviour"
JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE JUST FUCKING LEAVE

>> No.7340034

>>7340030

science does not scream like a fucking moron.

use caps less idiot.

>> No.7340036

>>7340034
Pepe screams like a moron.
Idiot.

>> No.7340038

>>7340036

who is pepe and is he really that much of a retard?

>> No.7340042

>>7340038
pepe is le ebin meme toad

>> No.7340058
File: 116 KB, 589x493, rare pepe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7340034
>/pol/tard thinks he can come on the board and make distinctions about what "science" does
GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

>> No.7340059
File: 946 KB, 912x905, TOK KEK.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>itt
/pol/ btfo

>> No.7340062

>>7340019
>Where is this weird reee meme from?
/r9k/

>> No.7340094

>>7340059
I dont even think /pol/ is this retarded (although I've been wrong before) I suspect its summerfags.

>> No.7340101

>>7339529
If races were subspecies, what would be the scientific name of each one?

black people = Homo sapiens africanus

>> No.7340105
File: 101 KB, 1024x769, do-it-for-her[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7340146

>>7339657
Why are you comparing penises with women?

>> No.7340150

>>7340094
>I suspect its summerfags.
you might be right there but trust me some posters on /pol/ are this retarded

>> No.7340155
File: 831 KB, 1400x1000, Romeismothertousall.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7340105

>> No.7340159

>>7340094
>/pol/
A board full of touchy feely drama queens with disregard for unbiased research isn't retarded?

>> No.7340604

>>7340159
>A board full of touchy feely drama queens with disregard for unbiased research isn't retarded?

You know this thread is a perfect example of that and we're on /sci/. For a science board, you people are sure retarded. You can't even prove the existence of /pol/ in this thread.

>> No.7340791
File: 92 KB, 1366x768, inthisthread.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am /pol/ as well as /sci/ and I am in this thread >>7340604

>> No.7340903

>>7339583
>Every time a New York stock broker goes to Thailand to have the kind of sex he can't get in America, he erases the genetic diversity between the two nations and pulls them genetically closer together.
so you admit that there are genetic differences between human populations but because they are able to intermix they arn't different sub species? sounds like semantics to me.

>> No.7340907

>>7339710
i have that book.... it talks about races...

>> No.7340926

>>7339714
>Modernity which has existed for ~500 years since the Portuguese sailed to Japan and the Spanish sailed to Novus Mundi
so we were different subspecies 500 years ago, but now we're not?

this is bullshit. you're working off a very strange definition of race.

what the broad meaning of race is to most people is this: "each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics."

people can easily and obviously be divided into major groupings of physical characteristics which are determined by their DNA.

>23andme

>> No.7340929

>>7339717
we're talking about whether there are different subspecies of humans not whether these subspecies are different species. though the difference between species and subspecies is pretty arbitrary.

>> No.7340930

>>7339728
lol you can't seriously think the clustering algorithms are meaningless?

>> No.7341294

>>7340926
no

>>7340903
you're an idiot

>>7340929
>>7340930
fuck off pol

>> No.7341334

>>7339648
>On the day of the rope, traitors shall be the first to hang.
>Implying anyone with a life will give two shits about your imaginary hypothesis

>> No.7341340

>>7339629
>The rest of the humans create weaponry and tech, while Africans STILL act like they are primal and haven't gotten the drive to move on.

You fail to acknowledge how hard Africa was hit with colonization. When they had less contact with the world they were doing pretty well for themselves. You call them primal yet they had empire of their own. Iron tools and other tech had been going on in Sub-Saharan Africa for years upon years. Just because whites eventually leaped ahead of them doesn't make their culture and traditions "primal". The basis of a civilization is agriculture, and the Sub Saharan Africans had that.

>They have resources a entry and the ability to educate and inspire, yet they idolize their barren home that's riddled with warfare and lawlessness.

Maybe that's why so many wanna go back their. To inspire and show pride in their homeland.

>> No.7341346

>>7339629
>The rest of the humans create weaponry and tech, while Africans STILL act like they are primal and haven't gotten the drive to move on

Do you know anything about West Africans? Anyone who knows anything about the land of Africa has noted that West Africans were on their shit for the longest of time. The Ghana empire was magnificent in it's day.

>> No.7341359

>>7340903
>so you admit that there are genetic differences between human populations
Who said otherwise?

But differences =/= species, any more than we'd consider your mother her own species due to her massive rolls of fat
>>7340926
>so we were different subspecies 500 years ago, but now we're not?
No dumbass, the 60 thousand years since the last common ancestor of man is still WAY to short to have created different subspecies, but we ended even the slightest possibility of that 500 years ago, and have been further stamping it out ever since
>>7340926
>"each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics."
There are no characteristics that are solely present in any one group of humans

>> No.7341448

>>7339529
What's the definition? If it's color, you're going to have a bad time. Assuming you don't mind how there are large overlaps in skin color since tanning and variation, it's pretty silly to define a different colored animal as another sub speices.

>> No.7341621

>>7339496

Every couple months /pol/ wanders over here and makes this thread.

Why do you idiots keep taking the bait.

>> No.7341639
File: 290 KB, 900x369, swarmfront.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/ FUCK OFF /POL/

>> No.7341657

>>7339728

>lolno, clustering algorithms aren't convergent. The only way these algorithms can consistently produce the so called "obvious" clusters is by telling the algorithm what the clusters should look like ahead of time.

No, most modern ones are convergent. Nobody tells it what the clusters should look like ahead of time, why would we do that? Sometimes you have to input the number of clusters by hand, for other algorithms you dont even need to do that and it just plots a nice graph depicting genetic distance. Assuming you analyze many genes and not just a handful, the result will be consistent and does correlate with racial groups well enough. Whether you want to call the cluster a subspecies or race or not is subjective and more to do with semantics than science. But the fact remains that these groups exist, not just in humanity but in every species. It is the first step towards eventual new branches on the tree of life.

>> No.7341666

>>7341657

in fact cluster analysis works on any level, from entire humanity down to a level of individual families, but if you analyze more local levels then the average genetic distances will be smaller and clusters usualy more fused together as people mixed with those who lived closer to them. It works so well that often you can see outlines of real geography and cultural-economic areas inside the clusters. Here is Europe.

>> No.7341668
File: 190 KB, 600x363, ejhg2008210f3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7341666

forgot pic

>> No.7341695

>>7341621
I don't think it's b8, I think it's new /pol/ users everytime who come here and then get btfo

>> No.7341905

>>7341695
I'm sci, and pol wins this argument every time.

>> No.7341940

>>7341905
I'm cia and I can confirm that this thread crashes without survivors every time

>> No.7341960

>>7341940
I'm patrick and check my 0

>> No.7341965

>>7339496

Crux of this argument lies mainly in blood types and haplogroup distribution.

There's a shit ton of papers, most of them pre 1970s (pre 80s but not translated from cyrillic)

In any event, yes is the answer to your question. Blood typing + haplogroup correlation (shared HLA expressions) show this to be a genuine marker since it was used partially with Apes when sequencing became affordable to researchers.