[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 43 KB, 500x375, gender.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7303374 No.7303374[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

bionerds, is there any scientific proof of innate characteristics, behavior as far as gender roles are concerned? Are woman innately wired to stay at home and raise children?

I know 4chan is hugely anti-feminism but I would like to ask to be as unbiased as possible.

>> No.7303377

Human females are biologically designed to spend a lot of time with their offspring, by breastfeeding them.

>> No.7303382

>>7303374
No. No.

Otherwise they wouldn't be mother that kill/abandon their kids.

>> No.7303384 [DELETED] 
File: 17 KB, 810x431, women are sociopaths.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Women are innately wired to be sociopaths. The average woman fits 18 out of 20 criteria on the Hare Psychopathy Checklist, a diagnostic tool used in forensic psychiatry. The only reason she doesn't get the full 20 is because she doesn't commit violent crime.

The blue-pilled slut-enabling beta cucks of /sci/ will of course deny this fact by hiding behind their redditesque "psychology not le science" maymay, so they can keep up the pathetic illusion that "le somewhere out there must be le good women". Manchildren prefer to live in denial, prefer to see feminism as the source of degeneracy instead of only a symptom, prefer to look away and refuse to acknowledge the inherently sociopathic nature of women.

>> No.7303388

>>7303384
[citation needed]

>> No.7303397

>>7303382
Wouldn't those just be exceptions to the rule though?

>> No.7303401

>>7303377
But you have to consider that the child is only breastfed for anywhere between 6 to 24 months, and that most mothers only have one child in that age bracket at one time. Only little time is actually spent with the mother breastfeeding. So in terms of breastfeeding, women are not "innately wired to stay at home".

>> No.7303412 [DELETED] 
File: 244 KB, 781x1600, 1433011146898.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7303384

Women missed a few million of evolution. They are literally living in a mental pre-stone age state. While men underwent all kinds of natural selection, built society and slowly shifted their roles from ferocious hunters to intellectual desk workers, women never had any kind of pressure applied to them. They could always be certain that they'd reproduce, solely because they have a vagina. In fact they even had the privilege of choosing which male to mate with, and in their primitive thinking they still choose the most brutal of "alpha" men because that's what non-human animals do. Simultaneously they despise intellectual men because they don't understand intellect, the quality they themselves are lacking.

Throughout evolution women have been merely parasites who leeched off of men and their achievements. The natural psychobiological traits of a woman are shallowness, remorselessness, lack of empathy, lack of ambitions, anti-intellectualism and greedy egotism. A woman's emotional world consists of nothing more than primitive sexual urges, envy for other women, and utmost contempt for men they consider inferior.

>> No.7303422

>posting about feminist topics
>on 4chan

You brought this upon yourself OP. You know damn well to never ask STEM people these questions, nevermind STEM people on 4chan. For christ sakes they're still giant crybabies that women are working in their field.

>> No.7303426

>>7303401
That is true. At this point, you have to consider the biological traits of women compared to men.

Men are undoubtedly stronger than females, and their hormone balances aid in risk taking. They prevail in tasks like hunting and construction because of this.
Women convert more of their nutrition to fat, to prepare for childbirth and increase their sexual attraction. They are literally designed to attract males and have babies

>> No.7303446

>>7303397
So it isn't innate.

>> No.7303448

>>7303426
>Only point out the practical traits of males
>Only point out the reproductive traits of females
>Compare the two

You're a special kind of retarded. For instance, women have a greater attention to detail than men do. You seem to forget that in hunter-gatherer societies, meat was actually rare, and the vast majority of food came from the gatherers, which were women. This trait lends to a greater ability to pick out food. Women provided the vast majority of nutrients in prehistoric times while men provided the protein. They didn't just sit around and nurse babies and get fucked, though you're welcome to believe fairy tales.

>> No.7303482

>>7303448
Let's keep it civil mate. I believe the tone you're introducing is not the one OP or others are looking for.

>> No.7303492
File: 76 KB, 643x579, 1433069166135.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7303448
>women have a greater attention to detail than men do

Indeed, for example they pay a lot of attention to details such as the difference between 5'11 and 6'0.

>> No.7303494

>>7303482
>Let's civilly discuss women on 4chan
Fucking kek.

>>7303492
>Literal autism

>> No.7303499

I read somewhere there was a huge discrepancy between the number of males who reproduced, and the number of females who reproduced (in humans).

Can't seem to find it now though, anyone has it?

>> No.7303520 [DELETED] 
File: 185 KB, 1200x1059, 1431906588727.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7303499
Every female who wants to reproduce, can easily do so. She has a vagina, so she can choose from literally thousands of men, even if she's ugly as fuck. She can get a baby from Chad and then find a beta cuck to marry her, to accomodate her and raise Chad's child while she is out at the club, being a slut again and sucking more Chad dick.

A man who wants to reproduce, on the other hand, has to be a tall anti-intellectual douchebag. A short man (scientific terminology: "manlet") or an intellectual man will stay forever incel because women are disgusted by these traits.

>> No.7303530

>>7303374

I've pulled the wiring out of quite a few women and have yet to find a circuit that would compel them to do as you describe.

>> No.7303537

>>7303520
>height=intellect

>> No.7303543

>>7303520
>>Stacy Thundertits doesn't like me back, so obviously all women like the exact same things. I'M not the problem!

>> No.7303568

>>7303384
but it's true, psychology isn't a science

>> No.7303590

>>7303374
For our first approximately 150,000 years as a species we were nomadic hunter-gatherers, there were no dishes to wash or bathrooms to clean.

>> No.7303591

>>7303374

Cordelia Fine's 'Delusions of Gender' - despite the b8 title - is exhaustively well-researched, if you would like a grasp on what sociology knows so far about gendered brains/gendered behavior.

From a neuroanatomy perspective women do have smaller brains, on average - which is to be expected, given their smaller bodies - but tend to have slightly deeper brain creases. (Meaning, the surface area of their cerebral cortex is about the same size as an average male's.)

>> No.7303604
File: 63 KB, 540x719, Uncomfortable Truthasaurus.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7303412

How fucking asshurt do you have to be to come up with something like this?

>> No.7303623

>>7303422
But the women in my STEM classes hate feminism as well.

>> No.7303633

>>7303412
Found the virgin....

Protip: you sound like you're halfway to elliot roger status m8. Get help now.

>> No.7303637

OP your question is more of one of philosophy or anthropology than biology. It's true that males and females have biological differences, but in this modern era we have established the view that men and women should be treated equally and fairly. This comes with the idea that we're both intellectually capable of most of the same general things.

Sex in general is a strange concept, and "gender roles" vary depending on the species. For many species, females are larger and stronger than males. There will always be exceptions to accepted gender standards in nature, because the truth is they are quite fluid. Almost all of our concepts of what a man or woman should be are cultural norms that we invented and have accepted as a culture/society. They have almost nothing to do with actual biological needs. Humans are weird like that, as many of our ideas and beliefs work in sharp contrast to what you might expect from an animal of nature, which we still are.

Biologically, it is possible for a human to be not completely male or female. There are lots of genetic abnormalities or birth "defects" that can result in a human who may have neither or both functional sexual organs, or may appear as one gender but genetically are another. This can depend on hormonal or environmental factors in-utero. Also it's my belief that even if someone is genetically and physically one gender, if they identify as another it's their right to act and appear to society however they wish. I think this mainly because all of our habits, behaviors, and cultural norms are all arbitrary anyway. (cont'd)

>> No.7303639

ITT: A lot of people who severely need to get laid.

>> No.7303640

>>7303623
>implying STEM women are real women

If you fancy them you are basically homo

>> No.7303647

>>7303640
There was a true qt in my Calc 1 class and she got some of the best marks in the class.

>> No.7303648
File: 61 KB, 373x600, 1427065282415.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7303591
Or you could read pic related. Shows you how women really think.

>> No.7303657
File: 76 KB, 590x303, 1427837944365.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7303633
>implying Elliot wasn't right about everything

He was a victim of modern slut culture. His only crime was that he wanted someone to love.

>get help
I'm already taking antidepressants. Isn't it insane that I need to get treatment when it's actually the entirety of women who are mentally ill? I'm merely reacting naturally to the inhumane sociopathy of women, to all the rejection, contempt and disgust I had to suffer from them, only because I'm a manlet and intellectual.

>> No.7303672
File: 391 KB, 400x400, 1430412689597.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7303639
Ah, the typical white knight response. If I wanted to "get laid", I'd pay a prostitute. But I don't want sex. In fact I find sex disgusting. Unfortunately women are sex-obsessed sociopaths and have nothing to offer other than their vaginas. I wish I could find a loving relationship, but it seems that women - due to their biological nature - are incapable of love or of having a likeable personality.

>> No.7303673

(cont'd)

It's important for us to try to not to look at what gender roles currently are for modern civilized society, since this is a relatively new adoption in the history of the evolution of mankind. For most of our history, we have mostly been nomadic hunter-gatherers. That's how we evolved to our current state, so that's what we should look at if we want to analyze "innate characteristics, behavior as far as gender roles are concerned", and that starts in prehistory before the adoption of agricultural based society. This makes it hard, because there was no writing then, so we don't really know what people did in most cases.

For this reason we most often look at characteristics of isolated peoples that still practice the hunter-gatherer lifestyle, often in remote parts of the world that have not yet adapted to industrialized society. That's where anthropology comes in. And the results are in, and these "original" humans are weird. Their customs and concepts of gender roles are often hugely different from what middle-America believes. Many have religious figures that are not just male and female, but other genders, and that applies to humans and various living priestly figures as well. Marriage isn't traditionally male-female in all cultures, and even if they are, their roles may differ even still.

I don't have time to get into all the examples, but there are some tribes where women can marry and keep multiple husbands, same for men. There are some where adult men can have relations with young boys and it's perfectly accepted. In many cultures eunuchs play interesting roles, and are common throughout history. My point is there's no single accepted definition of a specific gender role for all humans. (cont'd)

>> No.7303689

(cont'd)

We do know that women often have to stay home in these "primitive" societies more often to carry babies to term and breastfeed them until they're capable of being self-sufficient (which can take many years). This results in men going out to hunt and spend time being religious. Women are usually stuck with all the house chores, which are labor intensive.

It's thought that a lot of our early inventions came from women who led more sedentary lifestyles before agriculture and often had to adapt and invent to make life easier for themselves. Even after we often see women working more in the fields to produce crops. In the past women were very important to sustaining life.

This brings me to my final point, that genetically men technically are half-breeds. Both sexes share the same chromosomes except our sex chromosomes, which can be XX or XY. Those letters actually correspond to the shape of the chromosomes, and you can see that the male version (XY) is missing its fourth tetrad piece. Males literally have had one of their chromosomes spliced out. That removal is what results in all the visible differences between our genders.

It also makes sense why men can't have children or do a variety of other cool things women can do like produce milk. It's also true that women can now produce a child using two female mothers as hosts. It's theoretically possible to acquire a gamete from a female to act as sperm and create a female-female made baby in-vitro. So really males aren't needed at all.

So therefore, my conclusion is that there is no scientific proof of any presupposed gender roles. They are all arbitrary constructions of various ethnic/cultural norms, only relative to those that choose to accept them.

>> No.7303699

>>7303689
His problem was that he was way too obsessed with sex and relationships.

He made his happiness dependent on the actions of others.

>> No.7303713

As always, engineering will fix it.
Artificial wombs and ginoids, for a woman-free society.

>> No.7303718
File: 17 KB, 429x241, male_female_bell_curve_.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7303689
>So really males aren't needed at all.
Well...

>> No.7303721
File: 219 KB, 1599x686, virgin overview.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7303672

Yes, you seem very well adjusted and reasonable! Sure proved that white knight wrong!

>> No.7303722

>>7303672
Have you ever actually went out and tried to find yourself a good wholesome woman? Newsflash, they're out there. Get out of whatever barricaded room you are in, take a shower, shave the neckbeard, and actually put forth effort on finding a good woman instead of doing nothing then bitching about it on an image board you beta male faggot.