[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 933 KB, 240x135, Pauli exclusion principle.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7281115 No.7281115 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /sci/, I have a very mundane but somewhat complex problem.

I just washed my dishes using a dishwasher. To pre-dry them, how open should I leave the door?
Possibly annoying details: Angle of the dishes, is the drain open?, does moisture at the very bottom count?

>> No.7281205

>>7281115

Ha, I've actually thought about this too. Open too much, heat gets out too fast. Open too little, moisture stays in.

I open the door, quickly towel off the excess water trapped in concave cup bottoms etc, sponge up the water in the door, then leave the door open a crack.

We have a lot of plastic sippy cups etc., from a couple of kids. That stuff doesn't hold heat well enough to dry itself. So I often try to shake off the excess from those too.

Nice thread OP :)

>> No.7281329

Open enough to create a small fitting which you can attach a hair dryer and a outlet port. Run the hair dryer until they are dry... or use a tea towel immediately after it is finished to take up any sitting water, especially on gasses/cups/mugs and then leave it completely open. Dry the tea-towel instead of the dishes by hanging it in the sun? optimal angle of tea-towel in that case will probably be completely flattened out and orthogonal to the line between the sun and the earth (may require adjustment over time).

>> No.7281469

>>7281205
Thanks. I hadn't thought of that, I think I'll start at least doing the towel method.

But I was curious about a more rigorous approach to the problem, and possibly avoiding towels, definitely avoiding blow dryers though, that gives you too much freedom in the physics part.

>> No.7281795

Bum