[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 266 KB, 1024x683, anencephaly2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7268960 No.7268960 [Reply] [Original]

Why are people so attached to things like this? I don't mind when its something like a matured person with a severe mental disorder but for something like a newly born infant or someone without a brain.. Why do people share the "all life is precious mentality". How is it evolutionary beneficial to us in anyway what so ever?

>> No.7268962

>>7268960
Most people seem themselves in their children because it comes from them. People can't let go of themselves to die.

>> No.7268963

Because SJW cuck planet.

>> No.7268971

>>7268960
>evolutionary beneficial
Wankers don't procreate and die out of the gene pool.

>> No.7268992

>>7268960
>How is it evolutionary beneficial to us in anyway what so ever?
The offspring of people who would do anything to keep their children alive have a greater chance of survival and so they spread the genes responsible for "caring". The fact that some of these children are not successful (like your pic) is irrelevant in the grand scheme of evolution.

>> No.7268998

It's something you wouldn't understand unless it was your own child. I can't explain it any other way.

>> No.7269002

Because when someone has a child, no matter what, they want their child to live. If you had a child with someone, and they were born severely disabled, would you think to drop the child off at an orphanage, give the child to the state institution, be a deadbeat, or would you want to try and give your child the very best. imagine if the baby is yours, or your family member

>> No.7269009

>>7268992
>>7269002
Euthanasia and try again

Holy hell. Would you actually rise a mentally disabled child? Imagine the stigma and medical costs

I don't know if you're women but if the daughter of my mothers thinks like you I'd just shoot myself on the spot

>> No.7269011

>>7269009
mother of my daughter*, argh. Or maybe even son for that matter.

>> No.7269013

>>7269009
That is a very black and white, ultimately naive valuation of life. Playing god is a dangerous game.

>> No.7269019

>>7269009
yes i can imagine the stigma, my brother has downs, which means his life expectancy is 40, and he has already had heart surgury because of a hole in his heart and he's only 20. This isn't the same as a child with no brain, but if you had a child like that, you don't have the option of euthanasia. If you don't take care of the child, then the state does. There are multiple programs funded by the state that can give you aid in every which way.

>> No.7269025

>>7269019
>if you don't take care of the child, then the state does
... and the state only just manages to look after the basics of survival for them with a total lack of deep caring and love that would salvage any potential left in the child that you discard.

>> No.7269043

>>7269025
That's right, state institutions. But in terms of medical costs, the state has programs to assist in that regard, such as hope community recources, and arca, hearts and hands, assets(job assisting), focus, preferred care (elderly), cindy and vics(a couple opened this), and many smaller independently run sites, this is only in my town. You can apply for aid so that your child has a tutor in school, there are some things that are a little more complicated such as if your child can qualify for a grant or a waiver. But, if your child is 18, you can help them into a group home, where you can have a say in what kind of home they get to live in, what kind of staffing (three shifts of 8 hrs or live in staff) who will be their roommates etcetera. The people in the home will be picked up by an anchor-ride to their job at carrs or maybe starbucks where their job assistant staff is waiting for them. They can choose to go with a staff and go to the gym, go shopping for food, go see a movie. Or if they are independent enough they can just take the people mover to their jobs or extra curricular activities. Either a payee or guardian(if no family member chooses so) will help handle funds and such. There is medicaid and medicare, basically free visits to the doctors. And if the person is extremely independent, they can have their own apartment, and they have a staff check up on them once or twice a week, or in accordance to whatever agency they are enrolled in, and depending on what the family/guardian/case manager thinks is good.

>> No.7269093

>>7268960
because of the principle of life lying at the heart of the retarded doctrine called humanism which has been in power for the last centuries.

because people conceive nowadays only one or two children

>> No.7269097

>>7268960
>>7269093
And I might had that, since you pay forit, you better be happy about it

>> No.7269332

babbies give off a smell that is slightly addicting. it helps mothers find their children, it helps babbies survive in the long run.

>> No.7270941

>>7269332
If I douse myself in baby scent will I be able to attract milfs?

>> No.7272390
File: 72 KB, 499x519, 1431969684494.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7270941
if you wanted to attract someone you would go to /fit/

>> No.7272411

>>7272390
one day the plebs will understand that if everybody lifts, it will cease to be an advantage

>> No.7272435

>>7268960
Ahahahahaha
Do you believe the world is a logical place? Do you believe evolution lays out some sort of ultimate purpose for us to fulfill? Are we violating this divine will when we choose to keep retards and disabled people alive instead of killing them as infants?

We're humans. We do what we fucking want. Try carrying a baby in your stomach for nine months, and then killing it. The disabled can still live fulfilling, happy lives.

The belief that life itself is sacred is transparently false, and actually held by very few people, despite what they say. Most people don't mind virtually enslaving thousands of people so their clothing can be more affordable.

>> No.7272450

>>7272411
It's extremely unlikely that everyone will lift, and lift to the same degree to negate the advantage.

And still, there are benefits to the individual, and there still would be even if everybody lifted.