[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 68 KB, 376x307, pills.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7092572 No.7092572 [Reply] [Original]

Why haven't we created a pill that induces the body's fat-burning processes, thus allowing people to burn fat even if they're not working out? Wouldn't that essentially make the owners of the patent infinitely rich? I'm no biochemist but it doesn't seem like it's such an impossible task that modern science can't handle it.

>> No.7092583

>>7092572
so DNP probably qualifies, but it's too toxic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,4-Dinitrophenol#Biochemical_aspects

>> No.7092599

>>7092572
It's fairly easy to design a drug to do what you want. The hard part is designing it to not do what you don't want it to do.

>> No.7092602

I think they have, except it kills you.

>> No.7092616

ECA stack.
Never tried it and I don't think it's very pleasant.

>> No.7092646

>>7092572
GW-501516.

Oral sarms, steroids and other things too. Take your pic.

>> No.7092654

>>7092572
DNP does that. In fact, it does it so well that you sweat like a pig on normal dose and if a stupid, fat cunt, like most fat people are, takes just a bit too much they die.

>> No.7092657

>>7092572
>Wouldn't that essentially make the owners of the patent infinitely rich?
Probably, but even if I was in the position to invent such a drug, I wouldn't do it, because that's not the kind of "problem" I want to solve.

>> No.7092953
File: 16 KB, 530x409, sr9009.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Also there's SR9009 which makes your body fitter simply by taking it along you greater exercise capacity to get even fitter, and burn fat etc.

>> No.7093016

>>7092572
Well the drug would come with a lot of risks, just purely because of how human biochemistry works. The answer is DNP but its risky if you take like more than 3g you can die of internal heat exhaustion.

I've taken it though and lost shit loads of fat, it was great. I works if your a shut-in but if you actually have a job/friends/social life. It doesn't work out so great.

>> No.7093019

>>7092657
Why? Fatties are obviously too dumb or lack the willpower to lose weight. Its a lot harder to invent drugs that solve that problem or even therapies.

>> No.7093054

>>7093019
Because a drug that would basically enable you eat whatever you want without any consequences is really bad for humanity in the long run I think. I honestly can't think of any good consequences this has on a larger scale, except for a few (probably rich) people that are no a little happier (but probably not really) with themselves. Consider:

It wouldn't take long until a drug like that is socially accepted, so that everybody takes it and eats way too much, just for pleasure. That is decadent and not very ecological and something I wouldn't want to trigger. It shouldn't be too much for a person to not overeat. It's a basic and important skill that will get lost on the long run.

It makes a nice body achievable for anyone, however a nice frame is to me the #1 indicator for a humble, nice character I would want to put up with. I know fatties think that the only reason people generally avoid them is because they look like shit, but actually the main reason I avoid them is because they are generally insufferable persons. The worst persons I met in my life were overweight, especially women.

>> No.7093059

>>7092599
THIS

Have you ever heard of caffeine, Opie?

>>7092953
By the same token, Broncaid expands your lung's air passages, increasing your VOmax.

>> No.7093070

/sci/ really can't into biology

fat can't just "burn" by itself, the energy has to go somewhere. the most sufficient substance to promote fat loss i'm aware of is DNP, which causes some of the energy used to form atp to get wasted into heat, thus raising the body's metabolism. but it's toxic, so ye

>> No.7093168

>>7092572
>thus allowing people to burn fat even if they're not working out
You mean like what your body does every day, unless you pig out and gain more than you lose? Working out is for muscular, cardiovascular and CNS gains and not required for losing fat.