[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 204 KB, 2468x1416, Nuclear_Plant.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6953821 No.6953821 [Reply] [Original]

Can anyone recommend some selected reading materials on nuclear power and/or power plants in general. Working on a degree in nuclear systems and wanted to keep my mind sharp over the break. Thanks.

>> No.6953846

Lamarsh's intro to nuclear engineering
Todreas and Kazimi, Nuclear
Systems I: Thermal Hydraulic
Fundamentals

>> No.6953863

also Knoll's Radiation Detection and Measurement is great

>> No.6953870

plus Shultis and Faw's Fundamentals of Nuclear Science and Engineering

>> No.6953894

I'll look into those. Thanks, anon.

>> No.6954208 [DELETED] 

>>6953821
No Goyim! Use fossil or fracking, nuclear doesn't support my currency hegemony. Energy is anti-semite! Ov vey!

>B-but Rabbi Russian fast breeders and neutrons fission-fussion plants looks pretty clean and cheap.

No scholomo! Remember Crimea! the 6 millon who died in the plane! Russia is bad goyim. Fusion COP is not profitable goyim.

>> No.6954514

Why oh why did moot have to fuck up the containment board? They're getting fucking everywhere.

>> No.6954549

Proving the Principle by INL, it's free from their site.

>> No.6954613

>>6954208
>B-but Rabbi Russian fast breeders and neutrons fission-fussion plants looks pretty clean and cheap.

Quite apart from the fact that you really need to get back to your containment board, my understanding is the current darling of the pro nuclear band is a thermal breeder reactor, specifically molten salt, specifically the liquid fluoride thorium reactor.

While on topic though, considering that we have other nuclear interested individuals present, why aren't aqueous homogenous reactors getting another look? As far as I can tell they are as interesting as MSR's, with the same advantages of neutron economy, a thermal neutron spectrum etc, and similar problems, i.e., reactor corrosion. Whats with the lack of interest?

>> No.6954617

>>6954514
>>6954613
Oh come on it was obviously just a joke, why is everyone so fucking dense on this board?

>> No.6954640 [DELETED] 

>>6954617
>Oh come on it was obviously just a joke, why is everyone so fucking dense on this board?

You might want to acquaint yourself with the internet: No degree of "obvious joke" is so obviously a joke that nobody real would hold that opinion. There are people who think Colbert is a conservative because he has all the same opinions as they do.

>> No.6954642

>>6954617
>Oh come on it was obviously just a joke, why is everyone so fucking dense on this board?

You might want to acquaint yourself with the internet: No degree of "obvious joke" is so obviously a joke that nobody real would hold that opinion. There are people who think Colbert is a conservative because he has all the same opinions as they do.

>> No.6954649

>>6954617
>just a joke

You are a fucking joke, your /pol/ humour is funny to literally nobody but your autistic selvez. Go away