[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 54 KB, 1170x1024, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6936384 No.6936384[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Red pill me on Methylphenidate AKA Ritalin.

>> No.6936436

>>6936384
has zero effect on me

>> No.6936446

Law student friend of mine takes it. Helps a lot with school.

>> No.6936454

>>6936384
>Red pill me

Kill yourself.

>> No.6936576

>>6936436
How can it have zero effect?

>> No.6936610

Helps you study if you arent retarded. Taking it too much will result in diminished learning capability while not using

>> No.6936643

>>6936610
what denotes too much exactly?

>> No.6936947

>>6936610
>if you arent retarded

Can confirm. Some beyond retarded girl in my class took ritalin. Didn't help at all.

>> No.6936949

>>6936384
Felt like I drank too much coffee. Can't really recommend.

>> No.6936978

It's great for getting shit done.

>> No.6936985

Mixed it with caffeine once. (About 600 mg) I had the most powerful euphoria throughout my 4 hour orgo lecture and was forever convinced of the inherent beauty of all science. When I got home that night, I became so dysphoric I couldn't sleep. I spent the entire night crying and hating all of my closest friends. Got serotonin syndrome like no serotonin syndrome I've ever had before.

Tl; Dr don't mix with recreational amounts of caffeine

>> No.6937185

I snuck into on an Ivy league lecture and pissed a lot of people off but it was worth it. (anyway I thought it was semi-open to the public, and I was working where the lecture was being held.)

According to the professor, who I will not name, Amphetamines are about as effective at dealing with attention deficits as caffeine. All forms of amphetamines have been prescribed with very little study into their effectiveness. Adderall is an amazing case of this. Before being used to treat ADD the same drug was label as Obetrol and was supposed to treat obesity.

I asked the professor after the talk what an actual practical use for amphetamine was and he didn't think there was a practical application that wasn't already met with more conventional drugs.

So yeah, amphetamines are kind of a scam.

>> No.6937253

Chem Post Doc reporting in

>>6937185
You've been excessively trolled by your professor. Enlighten yourself faggot, read some papers

>> No.6937261

>>6937253

Do tell.

>> No.6937272

>walk in on retard roommate crushing a 36 mg concerta for his final
>tell him it's probably not a good idea to take 2-3x more than any sane human needs
>does it anyway
>can't sleep for 26 hours, fails final, is bitchy coming down for 3 days
>mfw

If you are taking ritalin to keep up, you are a cheating degenerate and shouldn't be here anyway.

>> No.6937296

>>6937261
Uhh, pretty sure you can start with the differences in mechanisms of action.

>> No.6937337

>>6937296

OK, hang on. I've stated a claim that Amphetamine is not a drug well suited for practical application.

This claim may be errant.

You called me a faggot and told me to enlighten myself without providing evidence for your claim. This is called shifting the burden of proof. If you want to contradict my claim provide evidence that the claim is indeed errant.

If you're a Chem Post Doc I assume you can provide this evidence, and I'm all eyes and ears because I am no expert in this. The claim that I am going off of is that as a stimulant amphetamine is not much more effective than caffeine, because if dosed equivalently the effects would be roughly the same and that there is no exclusive medical practical application that cannot be treated more effectively with alternatives.

If you want to contradict this claim I think it would be rather easy to show how much more effective amphetamine is than caffeine is as a stimulant or provide evidence for medical application for amphetamine that cannot be duplicated or surpassed by another drug.

>> No.6937362

>>6937337
>You called me a faggot and told me to enlighten myself without providing evidence for your claim. This is called shifting the burden of proof. If you want to contradict my claim provide evidence that the claim is indeed errant.

>>>/reddit/

>> No.6937455

>>6937272

Agreed. First of all ritalin is shit compared to amphetamine stimulants. Second, "study aids" like ritalin/adderall are best used in conjunction with proper study habits, not cramming a semester's worth of info up your asshole in the nights before a final.

>> No.6937463

>>6937337
>do my research for me

>> No.6937470

>>6937185
Wtf are you talking about

I have worked with at risk children for years, and have to doll out meds, mostly methylphenidate. A notcible change in behaviour in most children is apparent after administration, usually for the better

You need to shut up

>> No.6937553

>>6937463
>Let me contradict you without building a case

>>6937470
Better but still anecdotal. Is there evidence that amphetamines are the best treatment, perhaps when compare to other stimulants or cannabanoids?

>> No.6937589

had concerta for a about a year the 54mg one
good stuff if you have an adhd
now im on strattera which is allmost snake oil in comparison

one took 2 54mg pills
the effect wasnt that much apparent but the next day my head was tired
also it didnt have that stimulative effect on me like on other people (unable to sleep)
did fuck with my blood pressure tho