[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 306 KB, 960x1389, 1915westfielddomestic.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6881202 No.6881202 [Reply] [Original]

As it happens, I used to be a social outsider mommy's boy and gonna be a freshman next year. Naturally, I missed the acquiring of domestic knowledge and skills, and recently found myself not knowing a lot of crucial things. Understandably, taking on faith others' words (here people either share their scientific knowledge or try to pretend to do so rather badly) and going with the flow shopping-wise is below me, so here I am.

tl;dr: ITT we ask domestic-related questions which have to do with natural sciences

- Which components do we look for in a toothpaste, soap, shampoo and shower gel?
- Is it safe to use the toothbrush after it touched surfaces, that are not the floor, like shelf walls or sink?
- What are the dangers of not having a regular shower, if there are such?
- It is said that consuming food which has touched surfaces it shouldn't is bad for your health. What risks are we talking about here, how likely is it and which infections/bacteria are typically found in homes? Say, the apple touched the table or the floor.
- What chemicals aside from ethanol are used as an antiseptics, what do we look for in the cleaning mixtures?
- Which factors we need to consider to create a diet? Are there any evidence to support Sheldon's somatotype-related assessments and suggestions about diet? Are there are any evidence to support such a distinction at all?
- What are the risks of nocturnal sleep regime, oversleep and undersleep? How harmful such things are to the brain? I'm afraid I'm losing my intellect because of partially nocturnal oversleep. Also is there really such thing as stress? What is it specifically and how harmful is it, if it exists?
- As far as I know, brain is quite adaptive and it's possible to train specific aspects of memory, attention, imagination and such skills because when you work on it the blood vessels in the responsive region extend and if the work is intensive and done over the long period regions tend to grow in size. Is this true?

>> No.6881206
File: 773 KB, 260x221, 1410139685864.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6881202
get lost nerd we don't like your kind here

>> No.6881770

>>6881202
Have you considered go ogling your questions, or even going to a library?

Most of these answers are so easily obtainable through Google (like the soap one). You could've had half your answers in the time it took to post this