[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 327 KB, 1051x1024, Harvard_Wreath_Logo_1.svg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6843698 No.6843698[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

This board is way too fast

How do I get into Harvard/Ivy League/MIT/Stanford?

Me:
brown/pakistani/the Netherlands

Calculus:
i know how to calculate the volume of a function when it turns around the x or y axis, be it sin/cos or a function with x^n th degree

Physics
FLorentz, until Newton mechanics, E = mc^2

English uni's need not apply; applications closed already

>> No.6843700

>>6646405

>If you want advice with college/university, go to /adv/.

>>>>/adv/

>> No.6843704

>>6843700

I want specific advice of what to do to get accepted. Physics related advice

>> No.6843707

>>6843704
Also I didn't save anon's advice of what project to do, didn't think this board was fast...

>> No.6843708

>brown/pakistani/the Netherlands

already more chance of a white guy

>> No.6843715

>>6843708
I mean, if you guys are being racist against yourselves, I would be stupid to not use this.

Then the question arises how do I use this/I know more shit/life exp because I grew up as an outsider/immigrant?

Blame the game

>> No.6843717

>>6843715
I really dislike these kinds of people. Yet, of course they will be more succesful, by taking every chance they get. No matter if it's abusing the system as long as they get what they want

>> No.6843720

>>6843717
It's not me abusing the system, it's the other guys making a stupid system. I'm playing by the rules/I'm not abusing anything.

Why is it my fault that America is racist against it's own people?

While I disagree and I think there should be equal chances, I am going to take this chance because I'm not stupid to shoot myself in the foot because I don't think a system is morally acceptable

>> No.6843725

>>6843720
you mean the native americans?

>> No.6843727

>>6843725
I mean the whites in America, the person of who you think when you think of an american.

>> No.6843729

>>6843725
Americans are American citizens. Most Native Americans are a subset of this class of people.

>> No.6843732

>>6843698

I'm also looking for advice regarding top physics universities all over the world and how to get in to them.

>> No.6843733

>>6843720
No, you are right. Follow your dreams. I could think of far worse examples. T least you are doing it for something worthwhile

>> No.6843738

>>6843729
>Most Native Americans are a subset of this class of people.

Only because they were forced to it. But technically you are correct.

>MURRICA FUCK YEA MUH FREEDUMS

>> No.6843742

>>6843698
Also looking for advice getting in to Chinese universities without speaking Chinese (I think you need HSK6, that's not manageable in half a year)

Also looking for physics related ideas for projects that are fun, will teach me something and will help me get into a top uni

>> No.6843743

>>6843732
Study very hard for entrance exams. Write up a good essay detailing your goals, and how you plan to attain them. Think of something that sets you apart from other people. If you got a very high gpa throughout high school (here it's a 4-pt scale, so in that sense at least a 3.9), you will have a better chance. Get letters of recommendation from people of some prestige, and if you partook in extra curricular activities (math club, chess club, debate club, engineering club, etc), then you have a better chance. If you have gpa under 3.75 and didn't do anything outside of class, well, then you should set your sites much lower.

>> No.6843746

>>6843738
Uhhh... okay. Honestly, who cares? Are you 12?

>> No.6843747

>>6843746
>Are you 12
What 'f I am boyo, 'hats it to yez?

>> No.6843765

>>6843698
You aren't going to get accepted.

Top tier universities are virtually impossible to get into, a 4.0, with full AP/IB classes with perfect scores on every exam you've taken, a 2400 SAT, and only 'average' extracurriculars such as being in 3 clubs and president of 1 and on a sports team (instead of being in 7 clubs and president of 3 and captain of a sports team) you chances are very low, well below 50%. You needed to have asked this question 2 years ago, if you'd done something truly exceptional like interning in a lab as a high schooler or winning an international competition, you'd have a fair chance, I'd still put your odds a bit below even but it'd be a realistic possibility. But it's too late for all that, you have to apply with what you've got and since you're asking this question, you clearly don't have what it takes. You might have some remote possibility of getting into a low tier Ivy like Brown or Dartmouth but save yourself the $35 and don't even apply to Harvard/Stanford/MIT.

Also, the people telling you you'll have an advantage getting in because you're a shitskin are morons. The US has a legally defined system of races that universities use for reporting diversity, it goes white, black, asian, native american/pacific island, more than one race, or other, with hispanic/non-hispanic in addition. Only blacks and hispanics get affirmative action benefits. You get double fucked, because you don't count as "other", you count as "asian", which puts you in an even more disadvantaged category than white, and you're a foreigner which makes it even harder on you.

Also, the board's not fast, your shitty off topic threads are getting deleted.

>> No.6843774

>>6843743
I've done some research, and It seems people put more importance to percentile than to actual grades over there. If I got a 8.0/10 that would be extremely good(top 1%), but over there it would seem like I suck.

We were also divided in levels before starting high school, so I'm in the pre-uni class(highest)

We don't have much clubs over here, but I will be joining the chess club this year and I play as 1st male in badminton regionally every year (we suck and get 3rd or 4th)

I'm aiming for the 8.5/10 average which is well above the 4.0GPA

>> No.6843782

>>6843774
You need to be in the 0.001% range to get into Harvard, or your dad needs to know someone on the inside. Shoot for something more realistic.

>> No.6843783

>>6843782
any good physics university really, can even be in China