[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 70 KB, 600x489, lucid-dreaming1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6791361 No.6791361 [Reply] [Original]

Do you guys remember any lucid dream experiences you have had? If so, what are they?

>> No.6791363

>>6791361
i banged ur mum

>> No.6791369

>>6791363
gewd to know

>> No.6791376

I go lucid most of the time when the dream is about school, because I realize "wait a second, I'm not in school anymore." It's weird now that I look back though, because it seems like I don't even think "..,which means this is a dream", I just immediately start trying to control it.

>> No.6791411

I've had a couple. The first one was
>be riding a skateboard on the street that I grew up on
>realize "I haven't been on a skateboard since I was 10 years old, and I don't even live in this place anymore..."
>realize that I'm dreaming
>big rush, I become very alert but haven't woken up yet
>start flying into the sky
>the excitement is overwhelming and I wake up

the second time
>be in a train
>check the time on my phone
>look away
>check the time on my phone again
>the time is different than how it was a moment ago
>realize that I'm dreaming because of this
>big rush feeling again, the dream become very vivid, like real life
>I manage to not get too excited and avoid waking up
>the first thing I do is start fucking everyone, women, men, children, every living thing in sight
>after a while I start fucking a middle-eastern looking girl
>cockroaches and maggots begin to crawl out of her pussy and start to eat my dick, and some kind of black residue spills out everwhere
>it scares me and I wake up from the shock

>> No.6791414

>>6791411
When I tried to fuck a girl in one of my lucid school dreams, I couldn't get hard. I wonder if it's symbolic.

>> No.6791458
File: 43 KB, 344x517, 1410836637808.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6791414
I can never fuck anyone in my lucid dreams, the only time I did it was a man. . . .

Very confusing the next morning.

No I'm not gay. No I've never fantasized about men. No I don't plan to ever turn gay.

totallyconfusing/10

>> No.6791466

>>6791458
Well it's weird that I wasn't able to fuck that girl because, in another dream, I was perfectly capable of fucking satan(who had spontaneously appeared at the end of a ridiculously long tube slide) in the ass.

But that dream wasn't lucid either.

>> No.6791473

>>6791466
To add to what I said here>>6791458
I've never had a lucid dream per say, I don't seem to have control, but I KNOW I'M DREAMING!

That's the weirdest part. I know I'm dreaming, but bad/weird things continue to happen and I can't stop them.

It's like Alice in Wonderland or something.

Sometimes these dreams have a relative time-frame of a few hours, once one went on for days.

I woke up and felt exausted after 8 hours sleep, I'd been stuck in a dream world for days.

Not cool man.

inception when?

Ps, I'm not on any meds, so it's not drug side affects.

>> No.6791478

After 5 years I can likely go lucid in every dream, I just decide it before sleeping. Thanks to /x] and /sci/. My brain knows that when I decide to, I will instantly perform a Reality Check at the beginning of the dream ( I usually also do one awake with closed eyes: pinchin nose->try to inhale). There i totally do what I want, first times the strong emotions ( fallin, flying, sudden darkness, hardcore sex) will wake u up, but then u'll learn to control it or to avoid the darkness by spinnin on urself or rubbin hands. There's no limit. My first was Geometry Wars like i could shot colored neons and also chose music I wanted to listen to. I tried tastes and smell. They work. Just try. A journal at the beginning is important too, and also a lot of daily checks. Bye.

>> No.6791484

I go lucid almost every night through use of the WILD technique.

>Wake up at 4am,
>get up and have a cup of tea
>go back to sleep at 4:30am

BOOM instant lucid dream. Although sleep paralysis does overwhelm me sometimes, the key is just to let it happen.

I've gotten over the whole fucking bitches thing, I'd pump a bitch for a good 10 seconds but the excitement of it tends to wake me up prematurely (with an erection, no less)

I'm currently in the process of trying to travel through space. It's absolutely terrifying though. I realize it's just a dream, but I get so scared. Thus far I've only made it to the moon... fear of the unknown and the vast emptiness of it all still overwhelms me despite it very clearly being just a dream.

>ask me anything

>> No.6791485

I've had some very lucid wet dreams in the past. It's been years though. It really don't miss waking up and having to change my under garments and shorts right away.

>> No.6791486

>>6791473
I don't have much experience with going lucid during exciting events. Both of these situations happened when I was a little kid:

>Standing in yard when I was just in a space ship a second ago
>Get attacked by bees
>Realize it doesn't hurt
>Start gathering power to destroy the world
>Wake up
and
>Hiding in basement because the monsters from The Spirits Within are flying around outside
>Flick myself and realize I'm dreaming
>Conjure up ray guns
>Think about this being cool before the monsters phase into basement and kill me
>Wake up

>> No.6791498

As you venture down the rabbit hole, lucid dreaming seems more and more like a crazy person's nonsensical rambling, but whatevs...

protip - vocal commands and certain actions can increase the lucidity, intensity and duration of your lucid dreams. eg.

>"Increase lucidity now" - 'wakes' you up abit more inside your dream.
>Spinning around on the spot - prolongs the duration of lucidity

>> No.6791500

>tfw crippling depression upon waking from a lucid dream

It's hard to go back to the real world after you've been fucking and flying all night.

>> No.6791506

>>6791500
I don't get to the level of "crippling depression" but I get pretty mad when I wake up from a psychokinesis dream. Though my psychokinesis dreams aren't lucid. It's an abstract kind of mad.

>> No.6791552

I lucid dream pretty frequently.
I jump into blackholes and teleport places, sometimes I paint(I'm better at it while dreaming.)
It gets old after a while.

>> No.6791758

My dreams always try to fuck me over, and usually succeed in doing so, either by making me unable to see, or making everything seem uninteresting, which then leads to me not having an awesome lucid dream, which I really want to have.

>> No.6791971

>>6791484
I experience sleep paralysis frequently, but I've never had any lucid dreams following that because I always get scared since I'm not being able to control my breathing.
Can I provoke lucid dreams by resisting the urge to wake myself up?

>> No.6791997

>>6791361
It was a long time ago now. Some times when I was 15-18. A few when in my 20s. Never had that depression though. I always got fragmented sleep when trying to have them though. So I usually stopped trying after a while.

>> No.6792022
File: 41 KB, 400x519, 1411282822999.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have been thinking about dreaming a lot lately
and physics, and math

really long story short, I have been dreaming and waking up to analogies that blow my mind

>today for example, (dream) I saw myself drop a flashlight onto a plastic floor, and once all of the force was transmitted, time stopped and there was a concave square foot representing the amount of force the flashlight had from the height it was dropped

>the floor was cut out and shown to me like I was diagnosing stillframes, and then I kept hearing the noise of the flashlight hitting the floor like a sharp clapping noise over and over, the flashlight kept going on and off

>then finally after 7 repititions of the flashlight hitting the floor and flashing on impact, there was an 8th drop, but this time the flashlight produced no light, and the sound was gone, replaced by a similar, but much much larger CLAP noise, and my entire room was filled with light, like greenish red, I look out my window and there's a nuclear detonation

>the freeze frame shit happens again, I'm in space comparing the radius of the dent in my floor to the radius of the detonation's sound wave and the magnitude of the explosive material to the weight of the flashlight.

I have other dreams too, vortexes in milk, greenish blue, pinkish red spirals in neon lights, spinning disks are recurring, shapes too.

I have a big theory on dreaming and unifying it with Sigmund's repression schema and pedagogy.

Only thing I want to know, does anybody hear dream science?

>> No.6792369

last time I lucid dreamed all I could think was "hey I shouldn't look into mirrors".
The next thing I did was looking into a mirror and my brain literally had a BSOD, except it was gray and I woke up paralyzed for a few minutes

>> No.6792371

>>6792022
>dream science
sometimes I dream space, planets, galaxies, black holes and stuff and I travel between them

>> No.6792386

>wake up in bed
>realize I'm not alone
>lying next to a qt I went to high school with who I haven't seen or thought about since 10th grade, never really saw or thought about her much when I was in school
>realize in that moment that I've always loved her and I've repressed the memory of her for the past 4 years
>we don't say anything about the past or the long period of time we've been estranged, instead we just exchange pleasant small talk and then start making out.
>I can feel a profoundly fulfilling spreading through my whole body as she embraces me
>I can feel the years of depression and remorse over how my life has turned out ebbing away
>wake up for real
>I'm back to lying alone in my childhood bedroom, twentysomething and socially isolated
>think on the dream, the realization that I've actually always had this girl somewhere in the continuum of my consciousness all these years strikes me
>the dream triggers a major depressive episode and I relapse hard on alcohol, weed and tramadol, spending the next 5 months getting drunk and high on a daily basis
>fail my third semester of biochem, eventually I forget why I sabotaged my life again
>clean up again, remember what had made me fall off the wagon in the first place
>live in constant fear of experiencing another visceral nocturnal tour of my frustrated emotions and memories

>> No.6792388

>>6791361
I wanted to lucid dream so I can fuck men. I read articles and videos on how to do it. I wasn't able to do it.

>> No.6792391

Sometimes I notice in dreams that I'm dreaming and as I know about lucid dreams I try to think of something cool to try. Because I'm super uncreative when it comes to stuff like that I try to fly. And whenever I try, the dream becomes more and more unstable (it's actually pretty weird, I remember being in a building when I tried that and suddenly everything started to fall apart). Eventually I wake up.