[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 371 KB, 500x375, 12332480284.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6784929 No.6784929 [Reply] [Original]

How does one study?

Any time I take a class I end up just going to lectures, listening intently, and doing the assignments, but that's not always what it takes to pass tests, especially in my science classes.

I feel like I've breezed through school so far, even some of college this way. I hear my friends talk about how "they're studying for 4 hours" or something the other day, and I'm wondering what they could possibly be doing to pass that much time.

Does one just read a chapter repeatedly until it's engrained in their brain? Isn't simple memorization a shitty way to learn since you'll often forget it the second you finish a course?

>> No.6784935

>>6784929
I have the same "problem" and at this point I've just accepted that I don't have to put as much effort into my classes as other people to get comparable results.

If you are not passing tests though it sounds like you need to actually sit down with them and do it. Try forming a study group.

>> No.6784951

>>6784935
>tfw too antisocial to form a study group

>> No.6784978

>>6784929
Try explaining it to yourself in the way you would another person, and just keep completing questions on the subject.