[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 539 KB, 1440x900, dauterman-x-men-print.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6712635 No.6712635 [Reply] [Original]

is it possible to reverse the mental changes that antidepressants can cause?

once, i was a passionate person. i got angry. i really liked things. i had motivation.

i went to a psychiatrist for depression and anxiety, they gave me fluoxetine and said it was because i had a mood disorder.

i stopped taking it and stopped going. i started to come back, but i feel like there's a block in my mind. i can't get angry, i'm apathetic all the time- just mellow and calm, no matter the situation.

>> No.6712655

I also have a vested interest in this topic.

>> No.6712667

> During the first week after the treatment discontinuation, the brain concentration of fluoxetine decreases only by 50%,[73] The blood level of norfluoxetine 4 weeks after the treatment discontinuation is about 80% of the level registered by the end of the first treatment week, and 7 weeks after the discontinuation norfluoxetine is still detectable in the blood.

Detox?

>> No.6712672

Tumeric and dandelion... put it in your food =)

>> No.6712708

>>6712667
It's been a hell of a lot longer than seven weeks for me, but then again I was on a bunch of other meds too. At least you're probably in better shape than me, OP.

>> No.6712712

Both fluoxetine and LSD work on serotonin. One constricts consciousness and one expands it. They are opposites, like yin and yang.