[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 76 KB, 534x700, Georg_Cantor2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6521378 No.6521378[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>Real Analysis I
>Numerical Analysis I
>Differential Equations
>Modern Algebra
>History of mathematics

Will this schedule next semester fuck me in the ass?

>> No.6521489

>>6521378
>History of mathematics
>Abstract Algebra
Cool
>Differential Enema
>Real Anal
>Numerical Anal

>will you be fucked
LEL, you were fucked when you made that schedule anon

Pray your courseload uses lube and only slow strokes you.

>> No.6521498

start studying now

>> No.6521499

>>6521378

If you pre-study some of the more difficult ones, you shouldn't have a problem. Just get the books and start studying now.

>> No.6521508 [DELETED] 

I like this thread. Can any stats inclined person comment on mine:
SAS Programming
Nonparametric Statistics
Differential Equations
Basic elements of probability theory

>> No.6521510

diffy Q is easy
real analysis is very hard, numerical analysis will be just as hard given that you have not taken and upper level proof course (I am assuming that real anaylsis is at the undergrad level)
those two alone are hard but you sealed your grave with modern algebra and buried the casket with diffy q.

history of mathematics sounds fun though

Is it doable? Yes, if you have worked with proofs before and are very bright.

>> No.6521513

>>6521378
That's it you little bitch? Try taking 7 classes with a mix of the hardest courses in engineering, chemistry, and mathematics at the same time.

>> No.6521516

>>6521508

You're a fucking homo. Those are the exact classes you take before you start sucking dick.

>> No.6521519

>>6521510
Are you kidding? It's just 5 classes, 15 credits. I take at least 18 credits every semester and for the last 3, all of my classes have been either in physics, EE, chemistry, or math, no gen eds.

If OP buckles down and does his shit during the week, he should be 100% fine, could probably do whatever he wanted on the weekend granted that he worked on school 100% during the weekdays.

The only difficult ones are the proof classes, algebra and analysis. Analysis will be the toughest, but if OP has some proof experience or if the professor is good, it won't be too bad.

>> No.6521521

>>6521513
inb4 triple integrals

>> No.6521525

>>6521521
Not really, last two semesters I took 21 credits each. It was hard as fuck and I ended up with mostly Bs, but it was much harder than OP's proposed schedule.

>> No.6521534

>>6521516

I was just fucking with you, anon. You didn't have to remove your post.... welcome to 4chan newfriend.

>> No.6521535

Will this 6 week semester fuck me in the ass?
>Public Speaking
>Understanding Visual Art
>Intermediate Algebra
>General Psychology

>> No.6521537

>>6521535
That will legitimately fuck you

>> No.6521539

>>6521534
I removed it before I saw your reply. I figured there would be a bunch of math majors complaining (justifiably) about tough schedules. I had no business.

Also:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>> No.6521543

>>6521519
You are suppose to do your school work during the week? I always wait til the weekend. No wonder I have no life.

>> No.6521546

>tfw I got buttfucked by an abstract algebra test
Oh god, oh my god.
I thought I could at least manage an average grade on the test, but now I can see all the mistakes I made.
Fuck.

>> No.6521547
File: 48 KB, 984x900, winter 2014.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I managed to to this OP, I know /sci/ thinks anything not pure math is piss easy, but still..

got 2 A's, 1 A-, 2 B+, 1 C- (this class fucked me)

>> No.6521550

>>6521547
why are there so many calgaryfags on this board?

>> No.6521555

>>6521537
Really?

>> No.6521557

>>6521550

Need to do something between autistic STEM study sessions

>> No.6521568

OP here. Very little experience with proofs, but I am bright. I intend on studying at least two of the courses while I'm taking a few classes this summer. My course times are also pretty fortunate.

MWF - classes from 9:30 to 11:30
T/TH - classes from 10:30 to 1:15

Thanks for the input. I will probably be more apt to studying the courses before hand now. I'm looking forward to Diff Eq's and I knew Modern Algebra would be a challenge but I just wasn't too informed on the analysis courses.

>> No.6521670

>That feel when you have GED and have to take a bunch of pre-req classes that you are easily acing...

I have a good reason for having a GED though. I'm hoping they will allow me to take the combined pre-cal & trig class together, if not I feel like I'm forever stuck in CC

>> No.6521787

What did you take before?

>> No.6521791

>>6521787
calc 3, linear algebra, discrete mathematics... nothing very substantial.

>> No.6521799

>>6521791
Your really fucked up the butt hole.

>> No.6521844

Have you taken proof based courses before, OP?

If not I would caution against Modern and Real in the same semester. Depending on your professors either class is prone to getting very heavy, very quickly. The students the year before me in Modern only got as far as quotient groups or so (which is lol baby's first group theory), my class was doing rings a month in, a concept that many schools would introduce in a second Modern Algebra course.

The same goes with Real, if your course is simply meant to develop the theory behind differential and integral calculus you should be fine but some professors can easily push through into borderline grad school material in a Real 1 course.

>> No.6521913

ya that sounds not hard at all actually. if you know how to write proofs. just do it. i took a similar courseload this sem and got straight a's.

>> No.6521927

>>6521913
>>6521844
OP here again. I have no experience with proofs. How much progress can I make in regards to my proving skills if I practice/study all summer? Do you think I will be prepared to take on this load? I will also probably begin to study algebra and real analysis this summer.

>> No.6521942

>>6521927
maybe if you study all summer you can get there. actually you can, im sure, just put in enough work. when i say "all summer" i mean put in like 4 hours a day man.
start with some set theory stuff and basic number theory proofs, maybe you can find a book somewhere. understand the logical structure behind proving things, that's usually a hurdle to get started. read proofs, and try to understand what they are doing. guess what's going to happen next. id say if you can comfortably do some of the proofs at the beginning of where your courses' content starts in the books, you should be good to start.

>> No.6521998

>>6521568
>Very little experience with proofs

You are screwed.
I've gone through proof-based math classes for two years straight with no problem before I did 3rd year Real Analysis, and it was absolutely brutal and made me realize that there are people out there who are just "gifted" at math while everyone else is fucked.

>> No.6522032

Circuit and System Analysis
Intr.to Electromagnetic Fields
Electronics II
Signals and Systems
Data Structures
Numerical Methods
what about me ? ;