[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 39 KB, 500x315, Machine_Learning.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6516180 No.6516180[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Im plannig on do my thesis on meta-learningin a nutshell:

There are hundreds of algorithms within data mining. Some of them are used to transform data, some to build classifiers, others for prediction, etc. Nobody knows well all these algorithms and nobody can know all the arcana of their behavior in all possible applications. How to find the best combination of transformation and final machine which solves given problem?
The solution is to use configurable and efficient meta-learning to solve data mining problems. Below, a general and flexible meta-learning system is presented. It can be used to solve different problems with computa- tional intelligence, basing on learning from data.[1]

[1 ]Studies in Computational Intelligence, Volume 358
Editor-in-Chief
Prof. Janusz Kacprzyk
Systems Research Institute Polish Academy of Sciences
ul. Newelska 6

How can i aproach this topic?.... my teachers dont help me much any cool idea or aproach?

>> No.6516182

>>6516180
Why do you keep making this thread? Go read a journal and find something that interests you.

>> No.6516183
File: 27 KB, 367x451, le.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6516205

>>6516182
Because here i found more ideas than any oder forum and my teachers let me alone. im reading several journals like:

-knowledge discovery and data mining
- Studies in computational intelligence 358(meta-learning in computational intelligence)
-Studies in computational intelligence 498(meta-learning in desicion tree induction)

>> No.6516209

>>6516180
Write a machine learning algorithm to post on lots of forums asking what to write your thesis about.

>> No.6516219

>>6516209
Close your ass... if you dont wanna talk about science go to another board, go to a anime or some shit board...

>> No.6516239

>>6516209
Lol this is funny and relevant.

Maybe find the best machine learning to do specific tasks that machines are typically bad at. Like captchca / pattern recognition / voice recognition.

Idk it kinda sounds like so far all you want to to is write a summary of all the algorithms what each of their pros and cons are. Instead maybe take the 5 most general or powerful algorithms and discuss each advantages and how they could be used to further human communication with technology and the usefulness of computing in a variety of situations