[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 37 KB, 480x324, galactic_black_hole.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6469749 No.6469749[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hello /sci/

Me and my friends were discussing black holes the other day. One of my friends raised a question, he said "What if, a black holes and white holes are connected, because if you can't destroy or create matter then it would make sense for them to be joined."

I really thought about this and would like to know what you guys think about this.

>> No.6469751

White holes don't exist, /thread

>> No.6469754

>>6469749
black holes don't destroy matter, and >>6469751.

>> No.6469758

>>6469754
Well, he wasn't saying that black holes destroy matter, he was saying that the matter would have to go somewhere so it would make sense for it to leave a white hole, also, is there anything you can show me that disproves a whitehole?

>> No.6469763

There is no evidence to prove or deny the existence of a "white hole"

Perhaps such a thing could exist in another universe, or even in ours. The lack of ever finding a "white hole" does not prove that there isnt one.

As Einstein said there is an equal and opposite reaction for everything, right? Perhaps, in another dimension of our universe, our un observable universe there exists an "anti" black hole if you will

/re open thread

>> No.6469762

>>6469758
>What is the burden of proof

Double /thread

>> No.6469776

As to OP's post, I would suggest rephrasing the question. I dont understand that nature of what you are asking? What is a white hole? How does the conjoining of a black and white hole justify the fact that you cant destroy or create matter?

>> No.6469778

>>6469758
>he was saying that the matter would have to go somewhere
it does go somewhere, into the black hole where it continues to fall.

> is there anything you can show me that disproves a whitehole?
There is no known mechanism by which one could form. As far as science is concerned they are as factual as the tooth fairy.

>>6469763
>As Einstein said there is an equal and opposite reaction for everything, right?
Leave.

>> No.6469779

>>6469763
Okay now I know you're either a troll or an idiot. Newtons third law. Newton, not Einstein.

Triple /thread