[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 2 KB, 120x96, bird lawyer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6386266 No.6386266[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hi guys,
Just starting out my law and science double degree and having some doubts. I exceeded in all aspects of science (chem, bio and physics) and legal studies in school and loved them both. I really wanted to make a degree out of both of them but cant find much on it. I'm particularly interested in genetics as it's something that I'm passionate about and flows to me easily. Do you guys know any careers in which would be best suited to me and my bachelors?

>> No.6386270

A Liberal Arts degree won't get you much mate, just drop out.

>> No.6386275

I'm not doing a liberal arts degree, douche canoe. I'm aiming for a bachelor of sciences and a bachelor of laws, we dont sit in a room debating life.

>> No.6386280

>>6386275
I'd have kept fucking with you, but douche canoe was such a fantastic insult, that I like you now.

>> No.6386353

Well, patent law is great; typically for best results get your PhD at a good school and you'll get paid to go to law school while working for the law firm.

So basically, you get your PhD + stipend, and you get a good salary + free law degree. Much better than paying for law school and becoming part of the glut of lawyers. Then again, same thing with overproduction of PhDs, and job market can shift drastically in the five or more years you're in school.

Also, you have to put up with the hell that is graduate school. Could be great, but could be the worst time of your life.

Of course, chances are you'll be trying to screw smaller companies out of their patents/trying to get them to settle for the benefit of larger companies...