[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 532 KB, 500x501, In+the+Aeroplane+Over+the+Sea+png.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6308963 No.6308963[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Do you have any personal academic pursuits?

What are they /sci/?

Why are you interested in such a thing?

I enjoy learning about a great many subjects. Its a curse actually because I become intensely interested in say, a certain programming language and study it for months, have several ebooks and folders with notes and excerpts. Then after I have only a basic understanding of the subject I become more interested in another subject.

I myself am teaching myself the russki language. When I become fluent(its gonna take years), I want to travel there and speak to the bears as the natives do.

>> No.6308990

>>6308963
>I enjoy learning about a great many subjects. Its a curse actually because I become intensely interested in say, a certain programming language and study it for months, have several ebooks and folders with notes and excerpts. Then after I have only a basic understanding of the subject I become more interested in another subject.

I think I've heard about this, it's a very rare condition. I think it only affects around 7 billion people.

>> No.6309021
File: 489 KB, 500x282, 1390576992098.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6308990
OP is cold-reading the fuck out of himself. As for meself, my pursuit of the most importance is, of course, a doctorate degree in America or Europe in the field of kvantovaya field theory. The ultimate zel' would then be to uncover the matematika, that is the basis of the most modern fizika, the very surface of the Vselennaya; I would like to, blackishly speaking, get in dat ass fo good.

>> No.6309044

Ph.D. in P.S. Topology. I like because some spaces aren't metrizable and what the fuck is up with that.

>> No.6309061

>>6308990
Come on now. It's more like five hundred million.

>> No.6309068

>>6309061
No. It's more like your ego fucks up your mind.

>> No.6309675
File: 33 KB, 500x340, 1390604555928.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6309044
Can you shine some light on that?
What are some important topologies which can't be thought of as coming from a metric?
I can't really believe in things which aren't locally compact.

>> No.6309691

currently trying to give a fuck about my american history course.

I know i can find trading tobacco and the puritan lifestyle fascinating, i just need to apply myself.

>> No.6309759

So anyway can we have a good useful thread for a difference (how 'bout for a sum? loool)?
I really wannabe a theoretical physicist working on some of the most complicated branches of QFT. My country is useless science-wise anyway, so what is the most convincing place to move in, get some phd degrees and readily start working? Is it true Germany is a nice place for that? Can you give some kind of review on the most popular countries of Europe/USA?