[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 117 KB, 500x714, wont let me post without a picture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6278294 No.6278294 [Reply] [Original]

Ok, real quick, I'm doing my mayor in computer science. I gotta pick and optative course in like 30 mins and I can't decide between nanotechnology or biotechnology. What would you recommend? I mostly wanna take the one with the most future

P.S. I cant decide because I really like them both really much, not because I dont know what they're about

>> No.6278306

>>6278294
nano

>> No.6278317

Pick Nano, that shit will have tons of applications and will flow into a lot of industries. Its easier to start your own business with it, creating some fancy product -> PROFIT.
Biotech has all this regulation and healtcare bullshit around it for the most part, slows down your business, smaller market.

>> No.6278329

>>6278294
nanotech masters here. if you care about applicability and jobs, pick biotech. if you love physics and dont really care bout the course as its just an elective, pick nano. really, they overlap, but biotech is a feasible industry and nano is for the most part proof of concept experimentation at the moment.

neither have much at all to do with computer science unless you are doing data analysis and molecular modelling, at which point both are equally applicable but once again, biotech will have more actual jobs.

>> No.6278350

>>6278329
>nano is for the most part proof of concept experimentation at the moment.
Indeed, at the moment, give or take a few years and the applications are endless. Take in consideration that the adoption rate of new tech is growing alongside the technological development, boosting the development due to money flowing in. Really, nano tech is a new scale mechanics that will revolutionize a lot of industries, and you want to be at the frontlines.
Not a Nanotech master, but a philosopher and historian

>> No.6278379

>>6278350
>give or take a few years

it takes at least ten to twenty years to develop an emergent technology into a first generation industry. it takes fifty years to fully develop it. additionally, nano has some incredible physical hurdles to complete, its not like normal tech by any means.