[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 896 KB, 2560x1920, 1378995017748.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6204887 No.6204887 [Reply] [Original]

What does /sci/ thinks of this study?

Although my experience obviously anecdotal, I have a feminine face and my girlfriend who says loves me to death, takes contraceptive pills.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2300507/Women-pill-pick-partners-round-faces-narrow-jawbones-preferring-effeminate-manly-looking-men-study-finds.html
>inb4 daily mail
Welp no matter, the study is legit

>> No.6204891

>>6204887
I wasn't on contraception until AFTER I started dating my current boyfriend, who has a round face and a narrow jaw. Maybe I'm the exception to the rule, I don't know.

>> No.6204898

>>6204891
Well, even before such chemicals were introduced in societies there were always women who liked feminine men, men who liked masculine women, masculine men who also like masculine women, let alone gays, lesbians etc.

Various hormonal, cultural, personal etc stimuli will create many different versions of pairing of heterosexuals.

I met her after she already was taking the pills.
Did you always preferred less masculine traits?

>> No.6204901

I don't see myself as particularly masculine, I have a skinny, lanky kind of body, think Michael Cera. But my girlfriend, who is on the pill, likes to point out the masculine traits in me, particularly that I have a square jaw. The body types she finds attractive are 2 different extremes, one the very athletic, masculine type and the other extremely feminine. Maybe I hit the sweet spot in the middle of her preferences.

>> No.6204919

>>6204901
Yes, i think it is obvious that "liking feminine men" doesn't mean a woman will prefer a full blown faggot.
My gf doesn't know or at least seemingly doesn't know any of the brain chemistry of sexuality and whatnot, i think she unknowingly 'praises' both my masculine and feminine traits without understanding much of it.

>> No.6204927

>>6204919
Actually, she might go for a full blown faggot body type, as long as they have a more dominant type of mindset, but those are probably rare. But she does the same thing your girlfriend does, praising both aspects without realizing it.

>> No.6204935

>>6204927
By "she" I meant my gf specifically. Just to clarify.

>> No.6206039

Sudosaiens

>> No.6206067

Why didn't you just link to LiveScience?
http://www.livescience.com/28237-women-on-pill-prefer-less-masculine-men.html?cmpid=514645

Quite frankly, if taking contraceptives makes me more attracted to faithful men, then I don't see why not.