[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 100 KB, 738x1068, 000.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6202297 No.6202297[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

We need a good moderator on /sci/ that removes IQ, popular science and homework threads! It is tiresome to see this trash everywhere, the janitors at the moment allow IQ threads but remove threads that ask about university choices relating to science/mathematics because 'that is what /adv/ is for'; it is well known /adv/ has no fucking clue. Another astonishing thing is that real homework threads are not removed (kids literally asking for help with elementary maths), but 'homework' threads asking serious questions that are worth discussing are removed? Ludicrous!

Of course this is 4chan, a science and math board is never going to work perfectly, but at least if we had some good mods here there would be less bullshit threads and a conversation could be held between one academic and another.

>> No.6202314

IQ threads are cognitive science and thus belong here.
School advice blogging is an OP's personal problem and not relevant to science and math. If /adv/ isn't good enough, then stay on facebook with your petty teenager problems.

I agree with the rest of your post though. If someone could remove the actual shit threads instead of keeping them alive for months, this board's quality might improve.

>> No.6202320

>>6202314
>post your IQ
>cognitive science

>post your final exam score in linear algebra
>math

>> No.6202321

>complain about IQ threads
>make an IQ thread
>???
>profit
You should report, hide, post in feedback, email mods/moot or threaten moots mother instead of this.

>> No.6202367

Regarding homework:

I think it would be good to employ a homework rule like they do on stackexchange. Not completely banning homework but demanind that the OP has to show he put some effort into solving it on his own. For example "Here are a bunch of questions, solve them, nerds!" is not okay and should be banned. But "I tried to apply this method / this theorem but it lead me to [wrong result], am I on the right track?" should be okay.

>> No.6202371 [DELETED] 
File: 719 KB, 835x1368, sci.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>implying this isnt the most heavily moderated board on the entire site

this board needs LESS moderation, not more. the reason why this board is dead is because of reddit mods running this place. theyre trying to turn this into /r/science with only PEER REVIEWED FDA APPROVED REGURGITATIONS ALLOWED

its absolutely disgusting.

>> No.6202377
File: 17 KB, 260x410, hurt feelings.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6202371
Hurt feelings? I'm sure your /pol/ echo chamber will console your broken heart.

>> No.6202397

>>6202367
OP here,
I agree completely
>>6202371
We don't need less, we need more GOOD moderation, less shit moderation

>> No.6202433

>>6202297

>academic paper published in China
Into the trash it goes.

>> No.6202438

I completely agree OP. I also don't think this board should allow any religious discussion at all either

>>6202371
what are you talking about? The dumbest shit passes moderation here all the time
and this board is not even close to being the most moderated

>> No.6202454

Why is discussion of biological differences between races not allowed? Muh feelings?

>> No.6202458

>>6202454
>Why is discussion of biological differences between races not allowed? Muh feelings?

Lol, the thread wasn't about that at all, retard.

>> No.6202462
File: 287 KB, 369x1100, 4chan Rules.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6202297

General Rule #8.

It's like this is a whole new level of meta-shitposting.

>> No.6202468

I agree with the point that we need good moderators, but I don't agree that IQ threads per-sé don't belong on /sci/. In principle there is nothing wrong with discussing intelligence or the way we measure it. It can be a discussion about empirical findings from psychology or neuroscience. There are a lot of troll IQ threads, and /pol/ racial bullcrap, though. Those should of course be deleted, but because they are troll threads, not because they are about IQ.

>> No.6202478

I just think the CAPTCHA on /sci/ should be replaced by math problems to prevent certain kinds of people from posting here.

>> No.6202476

>OP complains about how Reddit moderators are not moderating enough
nothing happens
> >>6202371complains about how moderators are moderating too much
deleted and blocked in 1 minute

/sci/ mods everyone.

>> No.6202479

IQ is a spam topic now just like Schrödinger's cat and Daniela Titan. Needs to be banned.

>> No.6202484
File: 309 KB, 378x534, i heard you like pretty girls.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6202478

>posting dwindles to roughly 5%
And I feel I'm being generous.

>> No.6202482

>>6202297
>We need a good moderator on /sci/ that removes IQ, popular science and homework threads!

These threads do get removed. However, often they go unreported so they end up getting lost in the noise.

All mods are global, and we have the entire site to contend with. Dozens of boards, most larger than /sci/. Threads posted here asking for homework help or school advice need to actually be reported if you expect mods to find them and remove them.

If you have not already done so, please check the 'Report button' box in the 'Other' category of the [Settings] menu in the top right corner of the page. Reporting rule-breaking threads whenever you see them will help us find them and remove them quickly and consistently.

>> No.6202494

>>6202482
>These threads do get removed
Why would you remove IQ and popular science threads though, they're not against the board rules.

>> No.6202500
File: 719 KB, 835x1368, sci.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6202482
how about you guys stop deleting threads with actual science that may not be endorsed by the etablishment and banning posters who dare post something that isnt FDA approved? and instead do your job banning atheism threads and homework threads? theres too much agenda pushing on this board. if we wanted to post on /r/science we would go to reddit.

>> No.6202505

>>6202500
>hurr durr mods keep removing my threads
how about you start an interesting thread instead of your horse shit misinterpretation of actual science

>> No.6202509
File: 44 KB, 620x465, top_lel_mate.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6202482
>All mod are global

>the average /tv/ mod judging what is science and what is not

>> No.6202510

>>6202458
>the thread
>THE thread
>THE

There has been more than one thread on this topic, and they almost always get banned

>> No.6202514

>>6202482
You might wanna take a look at whats happening in the bufffalo thread

Also
>modpost

>> No.6202520

>>6202482
Thank you for your reply, I understand that you work globally and the amount of boards must be challenging. Do you have any information on how many janitors are assigned to /sci/?

Also, I do report threads, but not everybody does. Consequently some threads go unnoticed via reports alone and that is why we need active janitors who actually browse the board and find these threads on their own accord.

>>6202494
There is no need to play devils advocate, if they are not technically against the rules they should be added - with detail and example to show what is allowed and what is not.

>> No.6202532

>>6202520
>There is no need to play devils advocate, if they are not technically against the rules they should be added - with detail and example to show what is allowed and what is not.
why should they be added? because they hurt your feelings? why are only FDA approved scientific threads allowed here? if we wanted to post on reddit, we would go there. fuck off.

>> No.6202533

>>6202520
>There is no need to play devils advocate, if they are not technically against the rules they should be added - with detail and example to show what is allowed and what is not.
There is though, see >>6202468
I think that in principle there is nothing wrong with discussing IQ, and even less with popular science.

>> No.6202536

>>6202510
That's nice, but the poster I replied to was the OP of a thread that just got deleted.

>> No.6202537

>>6202532
Please make clear that you're not the person he was directing his post to. Or just go away. Yeah, I think that's actually the better option. Just leave.

>> No.6202546

>>6202536
Except I wasn't the OP, you dildo

>>6202510
>>6202454
I am this person

If I was the OP of the thread I would most likely be banned for the day

>> No.6202553

>>6202546
Nope, your friend didn't get banned, as he created yet another thread where he let off some steam.

That thread was deleted too.

>> No.6202554

>>6202532
>>6202533

Because:
IQ threads: Pointless, people circlejerking about their 'high IQ's' that mean nothing causes arguments and does not belong here. I agree to a point that they can (very rarely) be informative, but if we start getting too nittypicky people will find loopholes and it will backfire. It is better off banning them completely than having people arguing about acceptable IQ threads and non-acceptable IQ threads. However the current affair on homework threads is more obvious:

Homework threads: There is obviously a fine balance between what is acceptable here. Threads that are obviously somebody trolling or just blankly asking us to do their homework for them should be banned, whereas threads that have people wanting to learn why to use such formula or such method should be allowed. As somebody previously stated, we should example our rule on the one on stack exchange.

>> No.6202562

>>6202537
i am not the same person. how about you go back to reddit instead? /r/science already exists for people like you who want a highly moderated board where only giant FDA approved paragraphs are allowed to post.

>> No.6202563

>>6202553
>>6202546

OP here, why would I be banned? I think the mod here agrees that there is a problem that needs to be fixed, all we are doing here is suggesting solutions.

>don't start on rule 8

>> No.6202568

>>6202554
how about you hide the IQ threads? its not like this board is highly active and people are sliding everything you like off the front page. rules shouldnt be made around peoples personal feelings or opinions. if this is for SCIENCE, then let it be for SCIENCE, regardless of whose feelings it hurts, which scientific organization disagrees, etc. stop the bullshit. this isnt reddit.

>> No.6202572

>>6202568
I think we should enforce rules regardless of whose feelings get hurt

>> No.6202577

>>6202568
You really have got the wrong end of the stick. The problem is not solely that they are there, it is the fact they drive good posters away and leave us with nothing but the bad threads. And the little good threads we have are infected by people who post/start these threads.

>> No.6202578

>>6202482
Oh wow, a mindless copypasta response! You sure showed us how much you care about this board. I can say with certainty that we don't have a problem with too few people using the report system. On the contrary many users on this board make use of it frequently but it stays without effect. When threads like "you will never be a good looking guy like Ashton Kutcher" or "daily reminder your not above average intelligence" are allowed to hit the bump limit FOURTY FUCKING DAYS after they have been reported, then the problem definitely lies within the scope of moderation / janitoring and not in the userbase. We do our best to keep this board clean and to follow the rules. But when in addition to trolls rustling our jimmies the staff also starts to kick us in the balls, there is not much hope for quality posting on this board anymore.

>> No.6202666

>>6202568
I'm guessing you think we should allow 0.9999 != 1 threads too because they are "science and math" and we shouldn't delete them "regardless of whose feelings it hurts"

Just because a thread is started on a topic that is science/math doesn't automatically mean that we should have to put up with it.

>> No.6202677

>>6202666
its not like we have a huge thread sliding crisis here. this board is one of the slowest and deadest boards on 4chan. who cares if idiots get excited about some epic meme thread? ignore it if you dont like it.

>> No.6202680

The letter of the law is highly flawed.

The letter of the law allows IQ threads, and dissallows homework threads.

IQ threads are on topic, but have become memetic in the sense that they are iconic, and always, always, and forever will turn to shit.

Homework threads are forever on topic, but are dissallowed. 2/3 of them are lazy beggars, but the other third turns into more concrete science and math discussion than most of the board. They help facilitate understanding and reasoning.

But seriously, am I the only one who gets pissed off at "what is consciousness" and "meaning of life" threads? These are topics for the philosopher and probably belong on /b/. Not to diss philosophy, I've loved studying it. But it those types of questions are not for scientists and mathematicians.

Why are threads that shit up the board left to be cancerous, but threads that get arrogant nerds butthurt because people exist who are not as smart as them--yet are completely on topic-- get deleted?

>> No.6202685

>>6202680
>Why are threads that shit up the board left to be cancerous, but threads that get arrogant nerds butthurt because people exist who are not as smart as them--yet are completely on topic-- get deleted?
because political correctness is the unwritten letter of the law. all these fools have lived around it so much that they really think its a natural universal law.

>> No.6203582
File: 36 KB, 600x400, Prefrontal-cortex-image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Science is research and teaching. Therefore, homework threads should stay if they contain a comprehension question.

Repetitive threads like IQ, or Jacob Barnett, or colliding suns belong to /s4s/ and should get banned.

>> No.6203728

>>6202680
>But seriously, am I the only one who gets pissed off at "what is consciousness" and "meaning of life" threads?

Those are the worst. No informative content whatsoever, completely off-topic, highly repetitive and always ending in flamewars. In 2012 and early 2013 they used to get banned instantly. I don't know what changed in the internal decisions of the staff, but apparently nowadays these threads are seemingly allowed to shit up the board.

>> No.6203747

Here's an idea. How about you not reply to any of these threads? Report, hide, move on. Problem solved.

>> No.6203783

>>6202482
>these threads do get removed
lol, on what time scale? geological or cosmological?
>so they end up getting lost in the noise
...aaaaand by noise you mean 'the front page of /sci/, all day e'ry day?

you're not exactly making us believers, here..

>> No.6203796

>>6203783
i mean, the buffalo evolution thread and one of the 0.999 = 1 threads have over 300 replies, each.

im gonna have to call bullshit on you, mod. i know for a fact that they have been reported multiple times.

>> No.6203806

I think that academic advice should be allowed, its not like you can get it anywhere else on 4chan

>> No.6203810

>>6203806
they are god awful threads, and they repeat the same noise every time.
it's almost as bad as the undergrads posting their schedules

>> No.6203821

>>6203747
The faggots bump them every fucking day. That 0.999 0.666 thread stayed for a month and nobody was fucking replying so shut the fuck up. We do need mods and good ones.

>> No.6203831

>>6203796
>tfw the buffalo thread is die

>> No.6203891

Can the mods at least not remove university posts, if they are going to leave IQ threads up? Most people on /adv/ are going to look at university from a more general perspective than /sci/. If I want to know what universities are better for science than others, I'd rather ask a science board than a broad one, since on this board you probably aren't going to get the casual responses like "whatever is cheapest" "get it from anywhere, institution doesn't matter" and "lol y r u going to collage you can get all of that info from the internet."

>> No.6203915

Psychology isn't science, its good the mod realizes this.

You're doing gods work my mod friend don't let these remedial IQ supporters have their way.

>> No.6203969

>>6202680
>But seriously, am I the only one who gets pissed off at "what is consciousness" and "meaning of life" threads? These are topics for the philosopher and probably belong on /b/. Not to diss philosophy, I've loved studying it. But it those types of questions are not for scientists and mathematicians.
This, philosophy questions are best received at /lit/.

>> No.6203993

>>6202462
We've had a pretty steady stream of general anger at the shit moderation of /sci/ lately. It's not like this is the first thread expressing such frustration.

Also shitposting in general is a General Rule violation, yet we don't see any public bans for the hordes of shitposts and shit threads being made here by the hour.

>> No.6203997

>>6202500
>if vaccines have been debunked, why do we still use them?
They haven't been "debunked" and that thread is not scientifically related. It's just flat out retarded ignorant shitposting.

>> No.6204305

>>6203891
Your personal advice shit is not science or math. Nobody wants to see it. Fucking deal with it and fuck off.

>> No.6204360

>>6203831
>oh god
>no

>> No.6204367

>>6204305
It's /sci/ relevant. You're the only one butthurt about it.

>> No.6204398

>>6204367

If he were alone in his opinion, there wouldn't be a fucking rule against it.

>> No.6204400

>>6204367
its not fucking relevant. in fact, its such a heinous pain in the ass, out of ALL the garbage that floods /sci/, that one actually got special mention in the sticky.

the fact that you cant understand that just makes me want to feed you a bag of dicks.

>> No.6204453

>>6204398
I'm talking about the user base.

>>6204400
But by discouraging such things you are scaring the real users away. Basically every forum that actually discusses science and math allows these soft topics because progress through education and academia are integral social components of science and math. Present day research wouldn't be possible unless there were systematic ways for one to enter, practice, share knowledge, and publish in a particular subject and these are to be appreciated just like any other science and math concept. And if the threads were really garbage they wouldn't get as many thorough replies as they usually do. Compare them to the popsci kiddy and stoner garbage and they are of much higher quality.

>> No.6204719
File: 213 KB, 1183x673, Screen Shot 2013-12-05 at 9.41.09 AM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>thread about Global Warming scientists leaked emails deleted instantly

Just what kind of science board is this?

>> No.6204726
File: 850 KB, 1214x1239, butthurt_meter.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6204719
>>>/pol/

>> No.6204841

The sticky needs to be improved

Most of it is just a big list of resources

It should be more like a map or a set of ordered
steps instructing how to study each subject

>> No.6204948

>>6204841

Tried systematizing that with respect to math education. There are as many opinions as to the "optimal path" as there are people. /sci/ will inevitably shit on your hard work but give nothing in return.

If you WOULD attempt it, I'd be happy to co-operate when I got a hold on some free time.

>> No.6204962

>>6204719

Conspiracies should be posted at >>>/x/

>> No.6204972

>>6204962
how is emails exchanged by scientists revealed to the public a conspiracy exactly? keep shilling, reddit.

>> No.6204980

>>6204972

Because scientists are immune from being conspiracy theorists, right?

>> No.6204993

>>6204980
uhh... the scientists are the ones being implicated, not the ones implicating. go home reddit.

>> No.6205228 [DELETED] 
File: 293 KB, 960x718, scilol.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

/sci/ mods strike again

>> No.6205247
File: 20 KB, 200x200, 1306739359245.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6205228
see
>>6204726
also mfw

>> No.6205254 [DELETED] 

>>6205247
epic meme!

now go back to reddit.

>> No.6205256

>>6205228

I thought OP might've deleted that thread. If a mod deleted it, shame on them. It was a very nice thread.

>> No.6205346
File: 144 KB, 1173x428, 1386258348269.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What are you talking about OP? We have great moderators! Look at how wonderful they are at removing threads about science. Isn't that what we want here?

>> No.6205348

>>6205346
The funny thing about that screenshot is that it took the mod THREE FUCKING WEEKS to ban the thread.

>> No.6205351

>>6205346
>loaded, cherry-picked sociopolitical provocation
>science

>> No.6205382
File: 179 KB, 825x595, 1386275851523.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hmm, I wonder what could be causing /sci/'s user base to crumble.

>> No.6205391

>>6205382
Unnecessary bans.

I am literally afraid to post here because I'll get banned NO MATTER what I post

>> No.6205392
File: 168 KB, 1056x1292, population data.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6205382
Have some more statistics, so everyone can see the full extent of the population decline.

>> No.6205400

>>6204841
it also needs warnings not to post 0.999... = 1, plus a fucking link to the wiki proof.

>> No.6205399

>>6205391
i got blocked from posting for "quality posts" an hour ago. meanwhile this guy >>6205247 is still here.

>> No.6205405

>>6205391
thats funny. i am an extremely prolific poster on /sci/, and I have never, ever, ever been banned for posting here.

you should maybe think about not shitposting?

>> No.6205409

>>6205405
maybe you should think about letting 4chan be 4chan and enjoying your hugbox on another website.

>> No.6205414

>>6205409
lol, with a faggot response like that, there really is no reasoning with you, is there?

keep on shitposting then, everybody hates you for filling /sci/ with cancer, but why should you care?

>> No.6205416

>>6205405
Literally never shitposted on /sci/

I'll give you an example, this happened around 2012 since that was the last time I posted here

I posted a thread that had cited news that some blackhole properties were discovered or something (I forgot) with all the scientific stuff and a fucking link to the article and I got banned for 3 days
Sadly reasons didn't exist back then so I have no idea what their reason behind that ban was

>> No.6205420

>>6205416
thats nice. I almost belive you, i mean, its a cool story, bro.
>screen shot needed>

>> No.6205422

>>6205420
Are you suffering from a severe form of mental retardation?
We couldn't even see our posts from the ban screen back then, what kind of a screenshot do you want?

>> No.6205427

>>6205409

I don't think you understand what a shitpost is.

A worthwhile post can have harsh language, and you can make a shitty post using only pleasant language.

>> No.6205433

>>6205414
if everyone loves your reddit moderation chemo, then why is the board dying?

>> No.6205436

>>6205433
Because evil shitposters like you are destroying it. Stop hurting our feelings.

>> No.6205437

>>6205382
see
>>6204719
Mods are trying to make /sci/ a liberal echo chamber.

>> No.6205440

>>6205433
This

I thought you were smart /sci/, why is the daily post count twice as less as it used to be 2 years ago, before this shit started?

Or can you at least read a fucking graph?

>> No.6205441

>>6205422
>>6205416
youre assuming the people defending whats happening on this board actually care about discourse, science, truth, or anything like that. these are religious leftists and reddit users. they want a legally enforced hugbox.

>> No.6205446

>>6205416
OH WAIT

I remembered the reason

"Posting inane trolling garbage"

And there were hundreds of complains about that exact phrase and retarded banning on /q/ if you remember

>> No.6205456
File: 2 KB, 210x187, 1305495318819.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6205416
Why don't you go to the archive and dig it up, it should be there if its from 2012.
>inb4 it's massive shitposting

Also this guy should stop spamming and samefagging. When you get banned, how do you expect not to get banned just from ban evasion if you make the exact same thread again, but with "fuck you mods" on the side?

Keep it up, your anger only feeds my delight.
Double also, why not just go back to /pol/?
You clearly aren't welcome in here and would be wolcome in /pol/.
As an added bonus you could shitpost there as much as you want, like what do you get from shiposting here and then complaining when you get the hammer? You some kind of mentally unstable person or what?

>> No.6205459

>>6205446
That mod banned me for the same reason in the past. If you spend one minute on Reddit you will see those exact words used everywhere. "Inane trolling garbage" is pretty much a Reddit catch phrase used to silence opposition.

>> No.6205457

>>6205446
Here, a small part of them from /sci/

https://archive.installgentoo.net/sci/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=Posting+inane+trolling+garbage

Look at the post dates, exactly what everyone has been complaining about so far

Damn I must be one lucky fucker if I don't get banned now

>> No.6205461

>>6205456
>Also this guy should stop spamming and samefagging. When you get banned, how do you expect not to get banned just from ban evasion if you make the exact same thread again, but with "fuck you mods" on the side?

I have neither spammed nor samefagged, nor posted "fuk u mods" threads

>> No.6205464

>>6205459
>"Inane trolling garbage"

https://www.google.com/#q=%22Inane+trolling+garbage%22

Not one result from reddit, several from 4chan and related sites.

>> No.6205466

>>6205461
I was referensing to the guy who is doing that.

>> No.6205471

>>6205459
You should probably go back to reddit, you can oppose the big man there just as much as you want.

>> No.6205469

>>6205464
#rekt

>> No.6205473

>>6205464
>implying ban messages get indexed on google

>> No.6205476

>>6205464
Look what I just found from that link

http://archive.foolz.us/q/thread/95571/

>> No.6205485

Whatever became of pursuit of truth and honest debate?

/sci/, once one of my favourite boards, is fast becoming a circle jerk of opinions.

I mean you guys rail on /pol/ but at least you can talk about something a lot of browsers won't like on there without having your post deleted.

>> No.6205508

>>6205485
>letting the truth get in the way of the "facts"

>> No.6205533

>>6205485
Then why don't you go back there? We won't miss you. Go back to /pol/ and have fun discussing highly important topics like "i don't liek niggers" or "wymyn are teh evilz". If that's your preferred level of discourse, then we have no reason to persuade you to stay here.

>> No.6205551

This board is so slow that i don't get why homework threads aren't allowed.

I understand asking people to solve for them, but seeing that most of us are in uni we're just trying to understand the reasoning behind the answer.

/sci/ has helped me a few times understand the logic behind concepts and it helps me study the material better. I just don't see why this is a problem

>> No.6205552

>>6205533
>being this strawman

>> No.6205554
File: 183 KB, 1025x720, sciisredditon4chan.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6205533
>discussing Dawkins and his criticism of religion
A-OK
>discussing Tesla and his criticism of feminism
BANNED

>> No.6205562

>>6205554
/sci/ is not your virgin blog.

>> No.6205564

>>6205533
>We refuse to analyze data
>We refuse persuit of truth
>We are no longer a science board

Sounds about right.

Enjoy your hugbox, you destroyed a decent board.

>> No.6205566

>>6205554

Wait.

You're claiming that /sci/ is like reddit because you -can't- circlejerk over Tesla?

>> No.6205572

>>6205562
It's not your deconstruction of theology blog either.

Both of those are minimally scientifically related, minimally, and to allow one over the other demonstrates a profound bias and hugbox mentality taking over this board.

It's no longer a board for science, it's a math circle jerk with the occasional transhumanism thread.

>> No.6205570

>>6205564
>muh feelings

Not an argument. Try again, kid.

>> No.6205575

>>6205551
Homework threads aren't allowed, because if they were this board would be nothing more than high school homework help.

Also "good" homework threads are allowed by proxy. If you actually put efford into the OP and put efford into the problem you usually will get help, even if it was your homework all along. Meanwhile "guys do my homework X=Y^2+1 ????" get banned.
The same principle aplies to say +18 limitation. So long as you appear to be mature you might as well be since this is internet. If your stupid enouhg to admit being 14 you might as well get banned for it too.

>>6205554
Maybe this isn't a place for you then? Maybe just, maybe consider leaving this horrid place and leave us without your quality posts. Oh the humanity if that would happen, what a loss it would be for /sci/ to lose you to /pol/ or reddit.

>> No.6205576

>>6205570
Try that on yourself.

This is a board for SCIENCE.

Science is being slowly disallowed because it disagrees with political motive, yes, the data for example on vaccines, may have been wrong, but it is something that can be empirically analyzed, it is scientifically relevant, the other two were entirely blog-post like nonsense.

This is no longer a science board.

>> No.6205581

>>6205551
It's a joke that autists took too literally

Back then during like 2010 or something there used to be a lot of homework threads being posted and people jokingly said "fuck off /sci/ is not for homework" while the next reply solved the homework and everyone lived happily since
It's just like the biology jokes, I'm not sure if they have reached that level yet but people used to shitpost ironically by posting ">biology >hard science" and saging the thread

Same goes for philosophy, psychology, so on

It's just newfriends/autists who tried to blend in way too hard in the board culture and sadly became the majority by more such people following them

As for highschool homework, yes, it is retarded and I hate those threads but it shouldn't even be bannable

I also hate half of the shit posted on other boards, lets ban it because my opinion > your opinion !

>> No.6205582

>>6205572
>It's not your deconstruction of theology blog either.
Richard Dawkins is a famous biologist. We discuss his contributions to biology.

>It's no longer a board for science
You don't even know what science is. Science means accepting facts even if they hurt your feelings.

>it's a math circle jerk
D'awwww, is math too hard for you? Did you get banned for making a precalc homework thread?

>with the occasional transhumanism thread.
You sound like a regular poster of these threads.

>> No.6205590 [DELETED] 

>>6205562
>feminist anti-male shaming tactic #1
>ad hominem
>no refutation of point

>> No.6205595

>>6205590
If you're embarrassed of being a virgin, that's your own problem. Perhaps you should consider not to tell everyone about it.

>> No.6205597

>>6205582
That wasn't what the thread was about, at all, you want biology? You post about biology, you cannot relate it by proxy.

I know exactly what science is, you seem not to know.

That's not the point and you know it, the point is that nothing relevant to science is posted here anymore, a strict narrative has been established and posting anything outside of it seems to be a bannable offense. Math is good, I'm not saying it's not, but it's no replacement for strong scientific content on a science-oriented board.

>Childish insults

Not sure what to say, board is very probably dead.

>> No.6205599

>>6205595
Keep on proving my point that you are incapable of making a rational argument and need to resort to ad hominems.

>> No.6205600

>>6205590
What point? "Hey guise, anyone else here a loser who hates women because he can't get laid?" is not a point. It's simply pathetic. You have subreddits for your degenerate lifestyle. Stay there.