[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 1.24 MB, 200x200, Putin.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6121504 No.6121504 [Reply] [Original]

What is intelligence? Tell me some stories of when you saw someone, and you were like damn, dat nigga so smart, sheeeit.

I tried on >>>/k/18516451 since they have some adults, but it didn't go over too well.

>> No.6121873
File: 1.19 MB, 3000x2691, Is-there-such-a-thing-as-one-general-intelligence.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Intelligence is perfectly measured g.

>> No.6121902

You won't notice it until they start to show off. Dave Aitel is a guy who does that. I saw him give a presentation about cyber weapons and the only thing I could think of was "damn, the NSA hires some gangsters."

>> No.6121938

You really should ask >>>/pol/ They'll give you a truthful and non-PC answer you'll want.

>> No.6122028

>>6121873
that there exists correlation isn't enough to conclude the factors that contribute to a given score will necessarily be the same in all who achieve it.

there may be common factors that influence scores on any given test regardless of the topic or the type of problem solving involved; for example, focus, memory, creativity, quick-wittedness, motivation, general problem-solving ability.
so there may be significant correlation in scores which indicates some predictive relationship.

verbal, spatial, mathematical intelligences are psychometric tests, not neurologic tests. To assign a single overall score to summarize an individual's scores in a battery of tests gives us little information on the multiple elements of cognition that may contribute to their overall performance.

i question the merit and usefulness of defining the human neural network on a single dimension.

>> No.6122072

>>6122028
>dat nigga so smart, sheeeit.