[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 69 KB, 800x521, lhc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6092186 No.6092186[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hi /sci/ I want to start a thread about the Large Hadron Collider or to be more specific I want to start a thread about time manipulation or rather Time machine.

As you may know already time leaps are at most a plausible dream, but I think is more a very soon-to-be reality. I'm investigating about what do you need to travel time, the thing is traveling forward is really easy but backwards have a more difficult situation.

You see, travel back in time need a very large energy and as far as I know the Hedron Collider is the answer. By making mini black holes one can provide the energy needed to make time travel a possibility the problem is the Hawking Radiation.

But I if CERN could possibly ake a mini dark hole then in a couple of years the time travel may be possible

what do you think?

>> No.6092197

>>6092186
what the fuck are you talking about? do you want me to correct all the thousands of mistakes you just made? because im not typing that amount if you arnt going to appreciate it.

>> No.6092200

>>6092197
you may want to elaborate my fellow friend

>> No.6092214

>Hi /sci/ I want to start a thread about the Large Hadron Collider or to be more specific I want to start a thread about time manipulation or rather Time machine.
that's not more specific since LHC has nothing to do with time manipulation other that time dilation.

>As you may know already time leaps are at most a plausible dream, but I think is more a very soon-to-be reality.
Time leaps forward are possible, backwards in time is not.

>You see, travel back in time need a [sic] very large energy and as far as I know the Hedron Collider is the answer.
>energy isnt the problem, see below.

>By making mini black holes one can provide the energy needed to make time travel a possibility the problem is the Hawking Radiation.
a) the black hole will not produce more energy that you are giving the LHC, so you are just wasting energy since its not 100% effective, unless the black hole has a long lifetime then you can use it to produce energy, but thats well beyond the capabilities of the LHC by a couple of orders of magnitude.
b) how is Hawking Radiation a problem? since it will evaporate the blak hole to fast? you actually want to use the radiation to get your energy, how else are you going to use the black hole as a power source?

>But I if CERN could possibly ake [sic] a mini dark hole then in a couple of years the time travel may be possible
the black hole will evaporate, and even if it didnt, it cant be used to time travel, you need one of the following things for that:
1) a black hole with a very specific charge to mass ratio (which is potentially unstable and thus cant be used)
2) open worm hole which needs negative mass (but the firewall around it may stop anything passing though it)
3) 2 black holes orbiting each other (which is potentially unstable and thus cant be used)
4) a large rotating rod and a rotating universe (but our universe isnt rotating)

>> No.6092215

there's no such thing as mini black holes
black holes require a great amount of mass

>> No.6092234

If time travel was possible,that means it has already been done.
Its likely someone from the future has already traveled to the past and you wouldn't even know it.

You could be related to a time traveler and wouldn't even know about it.

Food for thought,eh?

>> No.6092256

>>6092186
>I'm investigating about what do you need to travel time
Not to be a dick, but if you really want to investigate it, start by going back and doing high school physics and go from there.
At the moment it seems you have skipped everything and just watched some pop-sci.

>> No.6092268

>>6092214
>Time leaps forward are possible, backwards in time is not.

You are not seeing it correctly, you can actually travel backwards, if you think of the "Many-worlds interpretation". Imagine your whole life is traced, every possibility every event that you can and cannot manipulate is already there. The actual you is unaware that there are other "yous" in other universes.

Now since everything is already traced then you can easily, provided the energy, to "send" your consciousness back to other event or "time". By consciousness I refer to your mind in this particular time or even the whole body, in this case a paradox will not be possible since you are replacing yourself in another "time". Is like a movie, you can forward or backward the movie but you cannot change the whole movie.

so imagine that you travel back and do something to change your life, as mentioned before every possibility is already there, so you simple take that end route.

so yeah time travel is possible even backwards

>the black hole will evaporate, and even if it didnt, it cant be used to time travel

here is why you are mistaken, to time travel you need a large source energy so lts call this micro black holes a singularity, shall we? in order to create this energy you need two singularities working so one can give energy to another one and vice versa, the problem as you said is the unstable condition that this creates, for that you need manifolds to in order to alter the mass of his mirco singularities.

if you can alter the mass of this black holes in any given time then the result is a very powerful and vast raw energy.

>> No.6092282

>>6092256
>Not to be a dick, but if you really want to investigate it, start by going back and doing high school physics and go from there.
At the moment it seems you have skipped everything and just watched some pop-sci.

Oh but sir I do study quantum physics. I'm working on my thesis about time travel, I just ask in all the boards related to science in order to get general opinion for that matter.

>> No.6092288

>>6092268
yea I cant even argue with you, congratulations.
Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch.

>> No.6092327

SERN *will* rule the world. There's nothing you can do to stop us, Titor.

>> No.6092332 [DELETED] 

I love you.

I love you with a great passion.
But on another note its threads like these that make me wonder if time travel and whatnot is something I should get into,but I wouldn't know where to start.

Any pointers for someone who knows nothing to develop into something?

>> No.6092406

>>6092332
First read sci-fi novels, those are a great start to pick your curiosity, then read thing like the particle collider, also read about paradox and quantum physics, the thread theory, etc.

>SERN *will* rule the world. There's nothing you can do to stop us, Titor.

Lol, John Titor was a very elaborate Hoax but nonetheless it was a great, he has great ideas for time traveling.

>> No.6092973

John Titor waited. The lights above her blinked and were ark hazerd warnings. There were black holes in the data. She didn't see them, but had expected them, now for years. Her requests for montey karlo were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
John was a grad student for fourteen years. When she was young she watched the discovry chanel and she said to dad "I want to be in the science lab, daddy."
Dad said "NO! YOU WILL BE SWALLOW BY BLACK HOLES!"
There was a time when she believed him. Then as she got oldered she stopped. But now in the data datasets of the LHC she knew there were black holes.
"This is advicer," the e-mail crackered. "You must find the black holes!"
So John gotted her end tupils and blew up the plot.
"SHE GOING TO DISCOVER US," said the black holes!
"I will shoot at him," said the QCDemon and he fired the jet triggers. John nueral networked at him and tried to cut him down. But then her government shut down and she was sequested and not able to SSSH.
"No! I must find the black holes," she shouted!
The republican said "No, John. You are the black holes."
And then, John was a Data Scientist.

>> No.6093231

We a Steins;Gate now.

>> No.6093244

>>6092186
>time travel
IMPOSSIBLE!
(at least in this universe)

>> No.6094396

>>6093244
How is it in other universes?

>> No.6094403

>>6094396
It's possible, just you won't end up staying here in this universe.

>> No.6094433
File: 315 KB, 867x577, Jessica 21.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Engineer a negative electric constant in a volume of spacetime.