[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 11 KB, 300x396, 1373091098448.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6076045 No.6076045 [Reply] [Original]

So /sci/ I'm going to be conducting a lab experiment this semester that has to do with testing the effects of round up on worm health via indirect contamination (we kill the plant with the round up by painting it on the leaves of the plant in the pot, and letting the plant die/rot in the soil and then weight the worms before and after.). We're using 60 pots for the control group (normal soil conditions) , and 60 pots for the round up group. We're going to be comparing the weights of the worms in each pot (5 per pot) before and after (I think ~ a 1 month duration).

Since I'm in the lab and still have a ~ 5'x4' spot on the table left over I was wondering what other things you think I could test within that area. I was thinking about testing microwaved water vs regular water in the soil (applied at same temperature of course).

TLDR:
> Got any good ideas for experiments I could do on earthworms in a controlled lab (5'x4' space).

I'd really appreciate any suggestions!