[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 244 KB, 718x1024, 1380050405498.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6069924 No.6069924 [Reply] [Original]

Is there, in general, a way to increase your intelligence?
What is the definition of intelligence? I usually define it as a collective name for the abilites of memory, logical reasoning and abstract tought.

Picture related - engineering mathematics.

>> No.6069927 [DELETED] 

>>6069924
Intellignece is a very borad concept, but youshould be able to increase at least most aspects of it.

Memory: Simply practising memorising things can significantly help this. For long term memory, keep practising remembering things from quite a long time ago. If you struggle, reduce the time a little, and work back up to it.
If you are doing very well, increase the number, and the complexity of, the things you are trying to remember.

Creativity: This is usually something that people naturally have, or lack. It too can be helped by practise, but some people do naturally struggle with this. Being quite a musical person tends to help with this. So does knowing lots of different people and having a wide variety of hobbies.

Problem solving/logic. Again, just practising. Playing a lot of games helps with these. If you find it easy, look for more complex games or puzzles.

>> No.6069928

>>6069924
Intelligence is a very broad concept, but you should be able to increase at least most aspects of it.

Memory: Simply practising memorising things can significantly help this. For long term memory, keep practising remembering things from quite a long time ago. If you struggle, reduce the time a little, and work back up to it.
If you are doing very well, increase the number, and the complexity of, the things you are trying to remember.

Creativity: This is usually something that people naturally have, or lack. It too can be helped by practise, but some people do naturally struggle with this. Being quite a musical person tends to help with this. So does knowing lots of different people and having a wide variety of hobbies.

Problem solving/logic. Again, just practising. Playing a lot of games helps with these. If you find it easy, look for more complex games or puzzles.

>> No.6069933
File: 29 KB, 320x282, 1380305831197.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am too lazy to give a very comprehensive explanation so I'll just say play the indie game braid and read books.

I lack the inclination to explain intellect, logic, etc to people on this board everyday, but this should have at least some effect.

Good luck OP.

>> No.6069938

>>6069933
I am this guy

>>6069928
This is a good enough explanation.

>> No.6069950
File: 5 KB, 500x300, image.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Is there, in general, a way to increase your intelligence?
Train your brain, protect it from harmful substances. Use it to solve problems, memorize things and think about the relations.
Even if it doesn't make you "smarter" in a sense of increasing the brains general capability to adapt to completely new concepts, it'll strengthen the current connections, making it simpler to find relations and eventually lead to to a more efficient way of thinking requiring less effort.

pic related, how I imagine it

>> No.6069969

>>6069950
the good ol' 80/20 rule

>> No.6070025

>>6069933
Now I haven't played Braid, but what does some indie game remotely have to do with intelligence?

>> No.6070035

>>6070025
Puzzle solving.

I am pretty sure the dev won't mind if you pirate it. He is doing well enough.