[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 763 KB, 1024x768, Koala.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6018587 No.6018587 [Reply] [Original]

Yo help me out with this problum, i think its the 3rd one C but im a little unsure.

Which statement best explains the energy transformation that occurs when methane burns (CH4 + 2 O2 → CO2 + 2 H2O)?
Which statement best explains the energy transformation that occurs when methane burns (CH4 + 2 O2 → CO2 + 2 H2O)?
The absorption of heat results in an increase in potential energy from reactants to products.
A decrease in entropy from reactants to products is released as heat.
A decrease in potential energy from reactants to products is released as heat.
An increase in entropy from reactants to products is released as heat.

>> No.6018594

anyone know?

>> No.6018599

The reson why i think its the third one is because potential energy has to deal with heat and if it decreses you relese heat, becuse its cooling. and not the 4th one becuse entropy has nothing to do with heat. i think its 3 but not 100% any Bio / Chem people think its the 3rd one as well?

>> No.6018604
File: 28 KB, 388x350, comparing-the-gibbs-free.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Have y'all not gone over gibbs free energy?

>> No.6018624

a little bit.

im thinking its
A decrease in entropy from reactants to products is released as heat.

because when you burn methane (ch4) witch is exothermic (gives off heat) = less potential energy, and is non spontaneous because it requires heat so that means there is more entropy. thus B for the correct answer?

>> No.6018647

can anyone give me what they think it is? plz?

>> No.6018799

si