[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 1.72 MB, 347x200, humanslide.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5985032 No.5985032 [Reply] [Original]

is pure science harder than engineering?

>> No.5985069

yes

>> No.5985084

no

>> No.5985087

define "harder"

>> No.5985126

Not when you have to advance science to make progress in engineering. It happens.

There's no strict distinction between scientists and engineers. Scientists sometimes take a key role in designing progress. Engineers sometimes advance fundamental science.

>> No.5985264

>>5985032
Slicing up an executed murderer... for Science! Double plus good awesome.

>> No.5985274

depends on university, country, major etc.

>> No.5985297

Considering:
a) Equal effort
b) Same college
c) Same social situation(e.g: both scientist and engineer not under pressure, etc...)

I would say yes, for one simple reason: abstraction and rigor.
To think abstractly and with rigor you need a lot more "brain power" than working with concrete stuff and in a semi-expreimental way(engineering at the end is about doing something that works IRL and testing takes a big part in it, unless you build a fucking bridge), that's because you lack the visualization of stuff, which is something that helps a lot in problem-solving.
This is just my opinion, don't take it as a claim of fact, i can't backup my statements with peer reviewed articles, neither can others probably and furthermore i don't deny that specific engineering courses might be actually harder.
It's just about the average.

>> No.5985300

>>5985032
Sometimes it's harder, sometimes it's easier, and they're usually "easy" and "hard" in different ways.