[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 22 KB, 698x373, sfwf.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5977583 No.5977583 [Reply] [Original]

/sci/...
Fucking terminology difference is killing me...

Basically, I'm trying to understand the whole:
total head = dynamic pressure + static pressure

However, there are A LOT of sources that are just...kinda hard to refer to.
This is what I'm using right now:
http://www.wrights-trainingsite.com/hydraulics_head.html

But I also have a copy of my friend's past report that he did. But his uses different terminology. Not to mention, he doesn't even mention it in his report. He just has results. Pic related is the graph for the venturi meter in his report.
Can someone help explain what exactly is each "head" supposed to mean?

tl;dr Pump head equation, which pump is which "water height"?

>> No.5977597
File: 16 KB, 200x300, oh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

G-guys?...
Well...I'll just lay down what I understand, and I hope you guys can correct me.

Total = Dyn + Stat

Total is the total height the water can go up, dynamic is total height NEEDED to be pushed so it can go there, and static is the total height it can already go up, due to pressure and stuff.

>> No.5977607

If you want an answer bump the thread every hour and keep checking back.

>> No.5977613

>>5977607
I'll do that. Thanks.
I've got a class in a few hours, so that helps.

>> No.5977621

>>5977583

Dynamic pressure is the kinetic energy available due to fluid motion on a per-volume basis. Static pressure is what people normally mean when they say "pressure", such as tire pressure. It's the potential energy due to particle motion in the fluid expressed on a per-volume basis. The pressure head is a useful way of quantifying the total effect of pressures (dynamic and static). The head is the amount of distance that a pump can push a fluid when fighting gravity. This is a simplified explanation but it should be sufficient.

>> No.5977627
File: 6 KB, 123x125, 1376209198431.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5977621
Holy shit I love you man

Thorough and clear, A+ shipping, supplier delivers in good condition, "my" out of "nigga".