[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 509 KB, 1413x2000, Anti-Matter.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5974253 No.5974253 [Reply] [Original]

Why is there no degree with biophysics like there is biochem? what do I need to take to get into biophysics?

>> No.5974268

wtf is biophysics?
Do you want to study like structural stuff?
How blood flows?
I'm thinking it's all wrapped up in biomedical engineering

>> No.5974272

>>5974268
Biophysics, mostly want to go into a nanotech field for sure.

>> No.5974274

I think you mean health physics. Plenty of jobs and degrees in that field

>> No.5974312

There's degrees in bioengineering.

It's good shit!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUmOKfllAEo

>> No.5974333

>>5974272
that's definitely a concentration in biomedical engineering at my school. Trying to think of others: neuroscience, got nothing

>> No.5974606

>>5974253

My school allows you to do something called "Engineering Physics", where you have to concentrate in something towards the end. Biophysics is an option there.

So I think you should do the physics degree, and see if concentrations exist and pursue that. If not, then get something like a biology minor or bioengineering minor.

>> No.5975494

Yeah I've just completed studying a degree in biomedical engineering out of the University of Ulster. Really can say has a heavy physics load in combination with biology and electrical engineering thrown in for fun too. It is a relatively broad degree and covers other things like finance, regulatory affairs and so on. Really anyone wanting a degree which would allow you to do any science job its pretty much perfect.