[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 159 KB, 410x410, arduino_due_in_hand.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5950005 No.5950005 [Reply] [Original]

Hello /sci/

Is there any way to make my Samsung S2 work with an arduino leonardo, so that my samsung can handle all the hard computing from sensors etc?

(I'm soon going to start a project where i build a robot that is so to speak totally independent)

Thx!

>> No.5950014

Do arduino and the S2 both have SD slots? If so, you might be able to run/hack both slots so that they can be linked up via a cross-over cable. Re-write some of the code if possible for the slot so that you can read/write at the same time, or run a cycle transfer that auto-switches between in/out for data flow...

If not... build a wifi dongle for the slot on an arduino, if they don't have them. (or even the micro-usb connector.)

>> No.5950017

>>5950014

I got absolutely no idea where to start ;p

>> No.5950023

It's got Bluetooth and Wifi, you can get arduino expander boards for those. There's USB, but the arduino and S2 are both client devices designed to connect to a host so they can't connect directly together.

Another (better) option would be to open it up and see if you can find an I2C bus or something.

Instead of trying to hack a phone onto your arduino why don't you get a more powerful microcontroller and/or learn to write super efficient assembly code? The arduino is a beginner's toy, eventually you should move on to something more professional.

>> No.5950031

>>5950023

Professional like soldering the whole thing from scratch?

>> No.5950033

>>5950023
After a little googling it turns out the S2 can be a configured as USB host. I assume andriod has a virtual com port driver so you should be able to solder together an adapter and program the S2 to read the com port.

>> No.5950037

>>5950031
The arduino isn't suitable for a lot of projects. I see people needing it to accomplish basic functions like NOT gates or trying to chain five of them together because they need a lot of processing power. The arduino is a great tool for beginners to start with but some get trapped into needing it for everything instead of expanding their skills.

Getting most microcontrollers up and running only requires you to solder on a crystal, programmer connection, and half a dozen caps and resistors. Use a prototyping board if you don't want to solder, or get a demoboard that has everything built for you.

>> No.5951052
File: 89 KB, 640x640, 1375321125823.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5950005
Amarino is an open source project i use for PWM controls. The UI is android based and uses the amarino api to pass bluetooth to the arduino. Jy-mcu 4 lyfe.

>> No.5951056

>>5950037
The [OPEN SOURCE ATMEL PROTOTYPE BOARD] isn't suitable for a lot of projects. I see people needing it to accomplish basic functions like NOT gates or trying to chain five of them together because they need a lot of processing power. The arduino is a great tool for beginners to start with but some get trapped into needing it for everything instead of expanding their skills.

>wow give me some of that crack you are smoking you clearly don't know what minimal differences lurk between arduino and an avr solution.

>p.s. debug my cunt you three striped dick hammer.