[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 119 KB, 758x535, 1333191967927.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5898028 No.5898028[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>> No.5898033

die faggot

>> No.5898037

they absorb into each other. poof. science.

>> No.5898050

>>5898028
It will look like an Elastic collision

>> No.5898053

>>5898028
Nice painting skills for your non-realistic question though :).
Have a look here if you're serious
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elastic_collision

>> No.5898055

>>5898053
>Nice painting skills for your non-realistic question though :).
that image is probably older than you

>> No.5898056

>>5898053
Take your smug attitude right the fuck out of here. Enjoy the rest of your summer, anon.

>> No.5898062

>>5898055
>>5898056
?
What did I say ??

>that image is probably older than you
Don't think so... PC didn't exist when I was young.
I am an old man who wanted to have a look to this "4chan" thing (because media speak of it everytime).

I go to /sci/,because I think : "it'll be a 'nicer' place than pron sections"

And I have these answers ?
And the link is related to the question...
Woah....

Internet is weird

>> No.5898069

>>5898062
you should go check out /b/
We're a lot nicer there

>> No.5898166

diamond is hardest metahl

>> No.5898190

I don't know but this sounds logical to me.

assuming the wall is extremely rigid and will not move back spending energy on that.

both would sustain the same amount of damage centered around all points of collision, the two objects collide and the force is spread equally over the 2 objects.

The wall is slim so the majority of the energy will move in a sphere around the impact site's but will perceptually look more damaged due to the narrow profile of the wall, if there was no penetration none of the energy can escape as moving particles or large sums of mass flying away (creating a bullet hole type effect.) other wise a dent would be spherical around each point of impact. unless the substance is extremely dense, then no damage would be perceived, and most of the energy would have escaped as sound. it also should be noted that the wall will gain a lean after the impact in the opposite direction of the moving car, the lean will not be a simple full forward lean but look more like a wave if viewed from the top.

The cars front impact surface will simply peel away and the majority of the founf of the car will looked like a banana would if u slowly pressed the narrow end into a table. the surface area in the front and would all end up pressed into any cavities the impact creates because it has all the energy moving forward. but a large part of the energy exchange will be the car bouncing backwards. if the wall is movable then the wall will simply start moving in the opposite direction the car came at it from, but that has nothing to do with the density of the metals and solely relies on how grounded and fixed the wall is to it's foundation.

now if the two objects are moving towards eachother at the same speed, then everything changes.

but i probably have no idea.

>> No.5898192

unelastic collison.

>> No.5898194

>>5898192
This. diamond doesn't behave like an elastic. it's a rigid element.

>> No.5898267

>>5898190
>now if the two objects are moving towards eachother at the same speed, then everything changes.
>canot into relativity.