[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 74 KB, 750x259, What a Lovely Day.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5788380 No.5788380 [Reply] [Original]

Is physics the gayest major? I ask because I'm in a class of like 20 people, all dudes, and I know for a fact that at least a quarter of them are gay, myself included, and probably more than that if my gaydar is on point. Why exactly is this? Is it prison gay, or is there some sort of weird correlation between physical intuition and homosexuality?

Are there any other gay physicists on this board? It might just be because I go to an extremely LGBT-friendly university, but I swear at least half the gay people I personally know are physics majors.

>> No.5788381

>>5788380
nope most physics majors are asexual

>> No.5788385

You've made an incorrect assumption, OP. To be sexual is to be human and have humanity... a thing with which aspiring physicists lack.

>> No.5788392

I'm not gay so I may have a non-functioning gaydar (unless someone is extremely flamboyant/limp-wristed/talks with a lisp I can't really tell) but I don't think a significant portion of the physics majors at my schools are gay.

>> No.5788397

>>5788385

I just want to be loved. ;_;

>> No.5788405

No. You're most likely in an introductory physics course. That means engineers take it as well.

>> No.5788411

Nope, sorry, I hate faggots.

>> No.5788409

I know I will bring flame my way by saying this, but despite my better judgement I will add my part. I am an engineer/ physics major and am gay. There are also several other people in my physics classes which seem like they might be.

>> No.5788436

>>5788380
Class of 32, 7 women. None of the men act stereotypically gay, two trigger my shitty (false negative-tending) gaydar. But I certainly wouldn't say more than 5 men were gay.

It's probably the tolerance-in-an-ocean of intolerance thing. Homosexuals have no reason to attend my university over any other in the Netherlands, because they would be more or less accepted anywhere.

Speaking of demographics, earlier this year I had a mandatory English writing and presentation course with 20-odd random science majors (bio, chem, math, physics, comp sci) and I was the only one there who self-identified as atheist. My guess is that religion is such a non-issue that people identify as what they believe to be the default - agnostic.