[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 145 KB, 477x611, 1347681999647.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5782726 No.5782726 [Reply] [Original]

Who here actually does their own science? Looking at shit under a microscope, cultivating bacteria or trying to artificially select some genes in your plants or something? Clandestine chemistry? I love that shit.

I'm thinking about buying a stereo microscope but can't decide if a Digital one would be better

>> No.5782733

Everything that could be discovered in our own homes by us has already been discovered. You're just wasting your time there. If you want to know how shit looks under the microscope get a histology book.

>> No.5782739
File: 27 KB, 365x500, mucha4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I work as an assistant for pharmacology researchers. Mostly I just do the bitch work in a lab.
Once I get my organic chem degree I want to start doing pharmacology trials & research. It's a very interesting field.

>> No.5782737

Are people serious when they claim that

1) bacteria exist
2) the "samples" you see in schools aren't just simple microcontrollers made for soap business etc (Occam's razor)

Not trying to start shit, just genuinely curious.
Also, why if you google "proof that bacteria exist" with the quotes, you only get 3 results, but replace bacteria with god and exist with exists and you get millions of results.

I'm an atheist, by the way.

>> No.5782741

>>5782739
so are you interested in the clinical traisl part or more the synthesis of the drugs

>> No.5782743

>>5782733
No shit it's already been found the point is for me to find it and it's not like I'm trying to publish my results faggot I'm just interested in seeing for myself and learning what it's like man you're a bitch

>> No.5782748

>>5782741
I'm mainly interested in clinical trials but I'd also love to research some of the chemicals that were discovered and shelved without having much research done on them. There's thousands of chemicals like that.