[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 1.58 MB, 3000x1777, _Possibly_an_arithmatic_problem_on_blackboard_in_schoolroom._'BAH_1917'_-_NARA_-_297408.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5647853 No.5647853[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I accidentally changed the structure of my brain. How do I change it back?

>> No.5647854

I'm a physics student and physics used to be all I ever did except some video games.
I decided to "broaden my horizons" in a summer off. I've become more sociable. I learned guitar and have started listening to more and more music. I tried to learn a foreign language.

The problem is these are all the opposite of physics. They aren't visual logical things. I've lost my clarity, now I have music and speech running through my head at night instead of equations. It's like my entire brain has changed. How do I go back?

I wish I'd chosen more compatible hobbies like programming or drawing or something else visual and/or logical that wasn't such a drastic change.

>> No.5647859

>>5647853
You kill yourself.

>> No.5647861

>>5647853
which structure?

>> No.5647862
File: 167 KB, 1024x1371, 96.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

>> No.5647880

>>5647861
Read the second post.

I didn't put it in the OP because no-one replies to a thread with an OP longer than about 2 sentences.

>> No.5647942

For months i lived like a pllebe, vidya, movies, having fun with friends, gf, etc and i felt the light of my mind fading, less able to spot patterns, connect things, etc.

Then i sat down, read anything interesting, asked questions, try to answer them by writing the reasoning behind my reasoning, self meta-cognition, while at the same time am trying to tackle the question at hand.

After a while my brain pops analogies, connections,relating everything unwillingly to whatever am working on, epiphanies out of nowhere even when am synced out and doing random shit.

This has worked time and time again, no matter how many times and how long i disconnected my brain from high performance.
You just awaken that specific mode of your brain.

>> No.5647944

use meth

>> No.5647998

>>5647942

I need to break the routine of lounging around on 4chan and get back to thinking properly again.

I had a similar experience one summer. I didn't do any work or reading around my subject at all. Just learnt guitar and did other shit.

When I came back to uni I was panicked at first. I couldn't do shit anymore. Not even the most basic integrals. It only lasted a few days. I slotted straight back into the routine. Super basic things you need virtually everyday like integration by parts or substitution I was back to using like I'd never even stopped.

The brain is a strange thing.

>> No.5648001

>>5647944
this works, my family has sworn by it for generations.

>> No.5648121

Brain changes constantly.
You are worried that you are more sociable and musical ? I'd be happy. Is your logical thinking impaired somehow or why are you worried?

>> No.5648129

Ctrl+Z