[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 117 KB, 347x346, brain1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5635975 No.5635975[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Alright so I have no desire for a formal level of education post high school nor employment in a field requiring me to have one, which brings me to ask you, would there be something wrong with wasting my talents in a mediocre job while pursuing my love of knowledge in my free time through open courseware?

>> No.5635981

Have fun reading all about the ideas of people you were too afraid of becoming!

>> No.5635984

>would there be something wrong with

That's for you to decide

>a mediocre job

A job is something you do for money, it doesn't define you as a person. If you want to learn something on the side, then do it

>> No.5635991

>>5635984
I guess what I'm asking then is would there be a moral obligation with intelligence to use it to the fullest of its capabilities if it potentially was great enough to evoke change?

>> No.5635996

>>5635991
>what I'm asking then is would there be a moral obligation with intelligence to use it to the fullest of its capabilities
/sci/ - science & math

>> No.5636023

>>5635996
You sack of shit, don't even act like you haven't wondered the science of morality. For fuck's sake, get off your high horse. You are no better than anyone else because you bitch about morality being a non science because it isn't straight black and white. I have news for you fucktard, the entire world is changing and evolving around us and that precious "knowledge" you hold so tightly to will one day be nothing more than a sack of useless, misinformation. Science is knowledge, and it is possible to know right and wrong dickweed.

>> No.5636028

>>5635975
BTW OP do whatever the fuck you want, don't come to sci with your personal bullshit

>> No.5636033

Seeking knowledge is what makes us human. We long to know as much as we can. But we must balance it with being happy. Do what makes you happy. Other peoples opinions should not dismay you from doing what you want to do.

>> No.5636038

>>5636023
fuck you I'm a moral error theorist

>> No.5636071

>>5635991
if you think it's you're moral obligation to use your "superior intelligence", i think it's a safe bet to say you shouldn't waste any more time in the educational system that could distract from legitimate prospects

>> No.5636104

>>5635991
Bahaha. Basically, you're a fucking retard with no motivation to do tedious work. Oh boo hoo, high school is so hard. Don't even bother with college you fuck up. You are not intelligent. And your lack of motivation means you would never accomplish or contribute anything meaningful, like you think you would. And yes I'd like to make it a combo.
>kill yourself
>underage

>> No.5636157

>>5636071
You saged wrong.

>>5636104
I would like to say kindly go fuck yourself, I come from an odd background and college just isn't a possibility for me. Hopefully my busting my ass living a life I hate will allow my children a better future where they won't be forced to carry the same baggage I do. I want to do just the tedious work. Next time it would probably benefit you to use comprehension. You're the one who is overcome by pride and lust. The connotation of the statement "And your lack of motivation means you would never accomplish or contribute anything meaningful" implies the reason you do anything with regards for obtaining knowledge is for the sole purpose of personal gain. You are literally everything wrong with the world. Now fuck off.

I didn't make this thread to brag about being smart, I made it because I feel like shit knowing I am wasting my capabilities, which I have enough faith in myself to believe that my capabilities would allow me to benefit others. I guess I was just hoping maybe there was another person out there that has been in a similar situation and is able to say it will be alright. Thank you though, /sci/, because at least for the time being, I was able to be the butt of your jokes and perhaps bring you temporary happiness.

>> No.5636163

>>5635991
>>>/adv/