[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 342 KB, 1024x768, Inflatable_aliens.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5612738 No.5612738[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

It is a well known fact that millions of spacefaring alien civilizations must exist in the universe.

What do you think is the reason they haven't visited us?

>> No.5612742

>fact
No, it isn't.

>> No.5612744
File: 22 KB, 94x85, eygurl.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5612686
>>5612668
>>5612713

lelmao #ethered

>> No.5612746

>>5612738
Discrimination.

Or would you like to visit niggers one of these days?

>> No.5612743

>>5612742
bible humper detected

>> No.5612750

>>5612743
Quite the opposite, in science we don't make assumptions and make absolute statements. You might not be reading the bible but it's dogma all the same.

>> No.5612758

They've been here before, during and after humans. Cmon haven't you guys seen ancient aliens?
But srsly, there's plenty of evidence that they are/ have been here. Just keep looking

>> No.5612778

They're either to far away, if the advanced races have faster than light-speed travel, races that advanced are most likely enlightened/have better things to do than talk to us. Enlightened being the ol' "nothing is everything, everything is nothing balance good and evil let people follow there own path" Or we're not as advanced as we think(Spoiler, we are not. technology wise, to some degree. For mans sake, we're still letting olden religion hold us back, and have not realized that balance is everything. We need a new belief system, as well, mental and spiritual development. Technology is great, but if we do not evolve our brains and moral spirituality with it, we will end up de-evolving.

>> No.5612800

>>5612738
>What do you think is the reason they haven't visited us?
Distance. Universe is hueg, bro.

>> No.5612807 [DELETED] 

Aliens can read our minds

They can they wouldn't be able to expose themselves to us without the less *intent* of us wanting a piece of their technology and power for very bad reasons

No reason to empower a potential dictator

>> No.5612816

>Implying they haven't visited us yet

We've been visited. All of these reports can't be false. Most of them are obviously. But not all of them. You just can't have consistency that good with something like this.

>> No.5612823

>>5612738
nope we're the most advanced

>> No.5612827

>>5612816
Just like all the reports about vampires, angels, monsters, etc

I can think of a lot of people who would fake seeing aliens for attention :^/

>> No.5612832

Earth is the cosmic equivalent of a third-world country. I wouldn't come here either if I were an alien.

>> No.5612846

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else's property.

>> No.5612910

>>5612846

mind = blown

>> No.5612943
File: 31 KB, 380x302, a.aaa-Afro-retard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5612827
so the possibility of extra terrestrial life is pseudoscience now

Out of the entire universe, we are all alone.

makes perfect sense to me

>> No.5612953

>>5612943
Why do you guy always assume things from what I say? why are you doing that? The hell man, fuck you

>> No.5613022

Because FTL truly isn't possible. Thus we will forever be alone.

>> No.5613039
File: 44 KB, 488x410, 1349477992732.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Well we can't 100% assume this is true unless we see for ourselves, but it is more likely than not true considering the sheer numbers.

Anyway I'd say distance, interest and time are the factors.
>Distance
Put yourself in their shoes. If we could go anywhere in the universe, would we really care about what some non-space-faring race 5 billion light years away are doing? There must be far more interesting planets out there for resources, exotic life, geological study and leisure. You know, because you actually like being there. If you are walking along the beach with countless sand grains that individually are unique, but all look like the same shit to you at a glance, would you really care to stop and pick out a single grain? Is Earth that interesting? Maybe during the age of the dinosaurs they might have found this place pretty cool, and modern day earth might be a bit more interesting to them too due to us, however -

>Time
There have been many resets and tight bottlenecks in Earth's evolutionary history, throwing us back possibly billions of years behind in evolution compared to the luckiest worlds, meaning there are spacefaring races that were around millions or billions of years ago that are now gone. Epic beyond words adventures and conflicts have likely all already came and gone before Earth had even moved beyond unicellular life.

>Interest
Statistically, there are probably planets out there with say, huge deserts with dunes full of gold particles, that shimmer in the wind with splendor beyond anything we know. There are probably planets out there with forests reaching up for miles due to a low gravity/ultra-high density atmosphere environment, with biomes wild beyond anything we know. With the billions and billions and fucking BILLIONS of planets out there, that stuff is probably all out there somewhere, and so I'd figure alien races would be far more interested in trying to find those, than the myriad of salty mudballs like our own.