[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 388 KB, 1600x1180, IMG_1765.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5606908 No.5606908 [Reply] [Original]

Alright /sci/, Hypothetical Situation.

Lysol put's "99.9999..." or 'continuing' on their label, and because someone just as special as most of you gets picky and decides they can make a buck, they sue for false advertising, so it comes up infront of the Chicago judge who looks at the papers and goes 'so it doesnt get ALL of it' and the prosecutor can only answer yes, does 1=/=.9999?
What would this mean for the community?
Would there be job loss?
Can you get insurance for that kind of thing?

I'm asking as a part time journalist putting myself through post thirdary

>> No.5606915

>>5606908
I don't understand the problem, the product does what it claims to do

>> No.5606927

>>5606908
a law suit generally requires you show actual harm. There are some cases where you could get punitive rulings, but probably not in this case.

So in order for a ruling of any amount of money at all you'd have to show that you used Lysol to clean a surface as instructed, and then were somehow harmed by the remaining .01% of bacteria that they overestimated by.

I suppose if you got sick or something, but you'd somehow have to prove you got sick BECAUSE of that surface.

I just don't see anyway you could make a case unless you were using lysol to clean the inside of one of those plastic bubbles for immune compromised people.

Companies can lie to you all they want so long as it doesn't matter.

>> No.5606930

top lel

>> No.5606940
File: 6 KB, 297x169, 523525.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5606927
What if I used it on vag to keep myself from getting HIV positive

... that was the real question btw I was just to embarrassed to post