[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 1.69 MB, 268x200, 1352102727223.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5602595 No.5602595 [Reply] [Original]

It's time to play a game.

You, with all the possessions on your person, in your pockets and jacket/coat pocket and if you have a school bag or bag for work are somehow sent back in time.
Unfortunately you do not survive the process of this method of travel, but your body is found, and lets say its 1950, you are taken to the police and then the military for scientific investigation.

What on your body and in your pockets and bag can be used by these scientists of the last century to deduce what the world is like today?
what would they get right?
what do you think they would get wrong?

Imagine the roswell autopsy tapes that were big in the 90's, but its your bag of crap that they are looking through.

>> No.5602598

>an issue of the new scientist, on the cover
>"plans to send men to mars in five years"
>"bringing back the dead"
>"telepathic rats"
pure terror
>one kellogd frosties cereal bar, expiry date 2013
clearly all food, even bowls of cereal, are now ingested in bar form
>one iphone that has run out of power because i forgot to charge it
fucking...i dunno, i guess its a mirror or something?
>recycled toilet paper
i guess we killed all the trees and they need to keep making the same toilet roll again and again?
>pocket japanese dictionary thats been in my messenger bag for years
clearly the gooks win and we must struggle to master their vile language to survive day to day
>hoody with metal gear rex on it made of a synthetic material unheard of at the time.
i guess they can make shit out of shit we cant yet, and have giant robots?

>> No.5602602

>>5602595
>Tatoo'd equations of 'the formulas as time'
>Fucking random gibberish
>That inferiority complex
My body will be held up as the thing that fucked up our understanding of mathematics
Fucking fame ladies & gents

>> No.5602609

>sheets of paper with mathematical notes
There will still be universities.
>ancient cellphone
Telephones can be carried around in the future. Also text messages can be sent. Sudoku will be the primary source of entertainment.
>all else
Nothing to see here. What a disappointment.

I like to have little luggage and don't really need toys like an iphone.

>> No.5602615

bag contents:
-ruler = metric system = worthless
-Mcknight's physical geography book (2011) = yay?
-baking soda based toothpaste and current toothbrush

Pockets
-compass
-tuning fork
-iphone = oh no..
-notepad filled with random nothingness, authors of spiritual philosophy books that haven't come to be
-Bus pass

Carcass = worthless unless vitamin e and fast food can be detected and efficiently researched.

>> No.5602638

Nothing, I hate carrying shit in my pockets.

I have on a leather coat, blue jeans, and boots. I think they had that shit in 1950.

>> No.5602650

"Oh look, none of our theories actually exist in a physical form, rather it lives through teachings...like that religion"