[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 669 KB, 1920x1200, url.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5524454 No.5524454 [Reply] [Original]

where can i find science papers which support / dispel the notion that black people are genetically stronger and how this effects performance in sports

>> No.5524461

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=race

>> No.5524467

> caring about race
not science

>> No.5524471

>just blindly assuming these exists
>and then going and /r/ing on a science board
how about no.

>> No.5524472

maybe i should rephrase:

"I'm looking to find science papers from reputable sources which support / dispel the question "Are different races better or worse at different sports for physiological or sociological reasons?"

Seems like it's quite a taboo subject however I can assure you i'm only doing this to dispel rumour / conjecture."

>> No.5524488

>>5524454

Welcome to the Internet, we have this new thing called google.com you might want to try.

Do you really think people on /sci/ know more about where to find very specific research information on the web than Google?

>I can assure you i'm only doing this to dispel rumour / conjecture
I can assure you I am 90% certain you are trolling.

>> No.5524508

OP, you're asking the wrong question.

The fact is, there are no studies that establish the validity of races as groups distinct in any particular phenotype or in ancestry, and the lines that divide races are necessarily arbitrary given that human races are not biologically distinct.

>> No.5524511

have you been to an NBA game?
case closed

>> No.5526386

My cousins husband did a PhD in muscle fibres, he used to take samples from runners and stuff (giving them running shoes for doing it, he reckoned it was not worht it because they could not run for a few days afterward).
He did say black people generally had shorter muscle fibres, and this made them more powerful at sports where short bursts of power were required (like soccer basketball).

He only mentioned it in passing really.