[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 606 KB, 1024x768, Tulips.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5422889 No.5422889 [Reply] [Original]

I'm in desperate need of study tips or organization tips. I'm in one of the most difficult mathematical and physics course in my country. Frankly, I feel fucking burnt out.

I feel like I'm studying from when I get home (roughly 2-4pm) and until it's 11PM or some shit. Can someone share some study tips?

>> No.5422896

>I'm in one of the most difficult mathematical and physics course

babby's first calculus?

>> No.5422914

>>5422896
Yes. Of course not the most difficult overall, the most difficult freshman course and thus the most difficult for me. I need some help.

>> No.5422916

I have been an above average student my whole life.

I am still in 12th grade though, I do not fool myself, I know shit only gets serious in university.
Anyway, what works for me is making sure you are alone, have every pice of technology turned of except for your mp3 player. If it is your phone, find a way to disable the mobile network.

Listen to either classical or instrumental music (postrock, or even electronic, as long as it's calm).
Get 8 hours of sleep a day for maximum productivity.

Do 45 minute shifts, use the 15 minutes break to either fap, eat or browse the internet a little bit.

Don't try and memorize stuff, comprehend it instead.
Write your thoughts down to read them when you end studying as a "review".

I'm afraid that's all I can contribute.

>> No.5422927

>>5422916
It's perfectly ok to do smaller shifts and larger intervals, just be responsible.

>> No.5422968

bumping for interest

>> No.5423050

>>5422916
This is actually really decent advice, especially coming from a high schooler. The most important thing is to make time for it and then to actually fucking do it. Break the material into manageable pieces you can do over time. Make sure you actually understand what you're studying and don't waste your time on things you already know.

>> No.5423103

>>5422916
As a university engineer/phys double major, I'll second this advice. I generally sleep in multiple naps throughout the day (not a single 8hr chunk), but otherwise I do most of these things, and they are all extremely helpful.

Comprehension > memorization is an absolute truth.

My additional two cents;

>Go outside, get some exercise, and eat well. There are numerous reasons being healthy helps you study.
>Dont be afraid to ask for help. You're here, after all, so I doubt that's your biggest issue, but if you don't understand the small things, make it known, and figure them out. In mathematical and scientific fields, especially, it's very easy to move on without understanding some of the basics and get fucked hard later.

>> No.5423157

>>5423103
How many classes do you take per semester? I'm considering doing the same double major.

>> No.5423166

How do I memorize things?

Quiz Bowl fag here.