[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 60 KB, 1000x787, human-brain.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5420857 No.5420857 [Reply] [Original]

Wassup /sci/. I'm sure that I am not the only above-average intelligience person that has the opinion that school is as boring as shit and I'm not learning anything. The problem is that I actually want to learn, just not about the shit that high schools teach. What are some topics that I should research? So far I have: Quantum Physics, Virology, Philosophy and Ethics, World Religions (Interesting shit like Mayans and etc. none of that Jesus bullshit), and History of the Russian revolution.

>> No.5420865

>>5420857
If you are above average intelligence, you don't need us telling you what to learn. Sounds like you are blaming the school system for your failings. you didn't even include math in your list on a board of math and science. sounds like you just listed your current interest/what you think makes you sound worldly.

>> No.5420873

>>5420865
it is a fact that the school system is flawed in the first place

so i don't blame the OP

>> No.5420874

Try... science and math

i.e crack open a calculus textbook and start reading. Emphasis on textbook. The internet won't give you anything worth a fuck unless you... download a textbook.

Also levels of edgy teenager are pretty readily apparent. You're probably too stupid for quantum physics and virology right now, sorry! Enjoy your Neitzche.

>> No.5420878

ITT: OP isn't actually intelligent and simply wants to subvert the traditional education system he is unable to thrive in for fields that seem complex or obscure to him. /sci/ is getting way too many high school threads this week, but I guess it would make sense as school is just now starting back up for most of them.

>> No.5420879

>>5420865
>I'm actually this retarded

Op start with dem greeks bruh

>> No.5420885

>>5420874
Although textbooks are certainly the best way to learn math, this is only true once you get to "real" math where the textbooks are actually intended to be read. Non-rigorous calc and linear algebra is the level where textbooks are shit because they are chosen for their large amounts of homework problems rather than for good explanations and actually interesting homework problems.

>> No.5420891

>>5420857
OP. Check this out:
https://www.coursera.org/

And if you want to learn something do it, just look up a book on it and go for it. You won't get that much out of quatnum without more math though, so try Spivak's calculus if you want to go that route. Use Khan academy to get yourself up to speed if necessary.

>> No.5420926

You might be ten teachers who themselves highly educated and come before thee all the days to pass on what they have learned. And you say it's crap?

You're not so smart.

>> No.5420932

Textbooks and internet are good only if you are already smart and educated.

>> No.5421126

If you believe you're above average intelligence means you probably believe iq tests are reliable and not just used to determined the cognitive growth of a child. If that's the case; I got news for you buddy...

>> No.5422001

quick question. If i walked to the mall and back and the mall is 1km away. My displacement is 1km correct?

>> No.5422177

>>5422001
If you walk back then your displacement is 0.

>> No.5422232

>>5422177
oh ok. thanks