[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 515 KB, 1920x1080, 1287421366005.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5420009 No.5420009 [Reply] [Original]

How the FUCK does the UCAS system actually work?

I'm applying for Aeronautical engineering with space tech next year at Kingston Uni UK, but I dont have the briefest idea if I have the grades to get in. NORfag here.
In Norway we're having grades going from 1 --> 6 where everything below 2 is a fail. I'm ending up with about 4.2 in average.

How to know if i'm good enough???
Also, how deepshit is it to get into Uni of Southampton?

>> No.5420027

>>5420009

Theres usually loads of info on the uni website under "equivalent grades". Southampton isn't a bad uni either. Aren't you going to get insanely high fees?

>> No.5420051

I expressed my self wrong about Southampton. I was thinking about how hard it would be to get into it, since it seems harder than Kingston uni.

The equivalent grades systems are for baccelaure and different other european grade systems. Sadly i cant find the connection there either with our system.
I guess the real question would be:
From a rank of 1--> 6, how hard is it to get into Kingston?

Thanks in advice!

>> No.5420086

>>5420051

Your best bet is to email the universities, other than that I can't help you, sorry.

>> No.5420108

>>5420051

Kingston should be easy to get into. Have a friend who did Mechanical Engineering there after getting fairly poor A-Levels.

>> No.5420167

>>5420009
Dude, you get free tuition in Norway. Why would you want to go to some foreign country and pay exorbitant fees for an undergrad education?

>> No.5420174

You're better off going to http://thestudentroom.com and trying to find a relevant sub-forum and asking there. In return I demand you allow me to transfer to your med school

>> No.5420200

>>5420167
Because the only place i can take this degree is in the farthest north, where it's really really cold, and almost no population. I believe it would be better to go study in another country due to the fact that it's an international degree.
The norwegian language wont help me much with it....
Also: Yeah, it's going to become expensive as hell, but luckily the government is taking low taxes for the loan, so I'll manage.

>>5420174
Thanks bro. Will try that. Me could switch? But its really hard to get into med school in Nor :C

>> No.5420208

>>5420200
Still, I think EU students get free tuition in certain foreign countries that are members of EU. You should check that out. Maybe Denmark or Sweden has something similar for people coming from Norway.

>> No.5420383

>>5420009
>Not even Russel Group

I'd like fries with that, thanks.

>> No.5420394

>>5420383
Sorry for being a dick. Go for Southampton at least, AAB isn't that hard. Kingston's easy to get into, but you don't stand much of a chance of going into Aerospace Engineering with a degree from there.

Blag it. I got into Notts and Sheffield to study Biology with a single A level. Just smooth talk them in the interview.

Also, *Russell.

>> No.5420442

>>5420009
theyre not going to accept your application after what that faggot did. killing all those engineering kids on dem island. manly tears shed that day